• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Cooper 92 Backcountry .300 Win Mag w/ Swarovski Z8i 2-16x50 Scope

Ramblin99

Folks, I'm going to be moving a couple of Cooper 92 Backcountry rifles. The first one is a 300 Win Mag. It's in near-new condition. 24" fluted barrel. Weighs 5 lbs. 12 oz. This one has the black stock with grey webbing. Round count is 167 +/-. It is wearing Cooper pic bases, and I will be including the Nightforce Ultralight titanium 30mm rings in medium height. I'm the second owner. The first owner worked up a 1/2MOA load of 180gr projectiles. I had Reeds Custom Ammo load me up some 165gr SST loads that shot a little over 1/2MOA. It is an earlier model 92 and I sent the rifle back to Cooper to have the new bolt installed. The photo of the receipt and 1/2MOA test target is shown below in the photos. There are no issues with this rifle. I just need to move a couple of rifles to make room for some projects Karl Kampfeld is working on for me.

The Swarovski Z8i 2-16x50mm 4Wi scope is also for sale. It is truly the best glass I have ever looked through and I've owned some high-end glass. I settled on the Z8i for all my rifles. This one is in as-new condition. It ships with the original Swaro box, clear banded lens covers and manuals. If you want a BTF turret kit for it, I have one available I can sell you. If you prefer the BRXi reticle over the 4Wi, I have a 2-16x50mm Z8i in that reticle I will sell instead.

Prices: Rifle with $175 Nightforce rings is $2,400 shipped. The Swaro can be purchased for $2,500. I'll sell the package for $4,800 shipped.

I'm hunting out of town this week so I might be a little slower responding to inquiries. The second rifle I'll be listing this weekend is a Cooper 92 Backcountry in .264 Win Mag in woodland camo. I bought it new and approx. 30 rounds fired for barrel break-in. Both rifles ship in Cooper boxes.

Drop me a PM if you have any questions or want more pics. This is cross-posted. Thanks for looking.

Keith

IMG_1336.jpgIMG_1353.jpgIMG_1338.jpgIMG_1342.jpgIMG_1355.jpgIMG_1362.jpgIMG_1346.jpgIMG_1366.jpgIMG_1352.jpgIMG_1370.jpg

Last edited:
I've had several people write to me asking why the bolt was replaced. Cooper had a recall on all the early Model 92 rifles. A machining error might allow the bolt to de-cock. So at their expense, Cooper replaced the early bolts. Here is a good post on the situation.

Keith

Willing to listen to trades. If you want to work a trade plus cash on the rifle or scope and I can sell your trade item, it's all the same to me in the end. Money is money and we both win.

Keith

Last edited:
New prices:

Rifle with NF rings: $2,400 shipped
Rifle with no rings: $2,300 shipped
Swarovski Z8i: $2,400 shipped
Entire package: $4,750 shipped