Cooling my heels on reloading for a bit...

but I'm reluctant to do any unnecessary testing or recreational shooting for the time being.
Same here. I've done load development, loaded some up based on those findings and the ammo sits in their respective boxes.....waiting. Used to shoot 2 or 3 times per week, but now I'll go 2 or 3 weeks without firing a shot (except at a groundhog, of course ;)).

I stopped loading 223 and am saving my small rifle primers for a Br build coming up.

switched my mag dumping to my AK which I can still buy pallets of Russian cat pee smelling Tula whenever I feel like it and it eats it up

I'm setting pretty good right now. A few months back I sold one of the best rifles/scopes I had in order to stock up on components and shift my focus a little to pistol's. I ended up getting a 9mm, .357 Sig barrel, 40S&W and 10mm (no .45, yet) and have .380.
If they come for my guns, I'm gonna give'm the ammo first!

I use reloading as therapy and I've loaded everything I got waiting on some 9mm bullets. I was putting up ammo for retirement, so I have plenty of ammo but no therapy left lol. I ordered 20000 primers 2 years ago and they're all gone so I guess I have to find something else to do till I get some bullets

Well stocked for years to come. Envious of those of you with the time to load and shoot.
Had thought, with these crazy times, thus would be the summer to get so many things done. Instead it has been one of the busiest and zero shooting or loading since June.

I learned my lesson during obummer 1 and then again during obummer 2 and again after sandy hook school, I can be a slow learner sometimes, I will NEVER again get caught short

learn to be flexible in your recipes

and you may be able to trade less desirable components as well

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.