Coolest trigger guard?

Mram10us

Wanting to design and make some trigger guards and would like ideas. What are the coolest trigger guards you've seen? Thanks

I thought this was cool by dietrichgunsmithy
1F408312-B836-41AF-BA09-B437CC82C03A.jpeg

Last edited:
It is interesting. Not sure that I'd want one, but it is interesting.

Maybe mold one into one of your composite stock projects? Maybe there's a way to make one add strength or rigidity to the stock and mag well rather than merely guarding the trigger from accidental contact?

That is someone elses design. Just wanting examples of cool designs you guys have seen.

It is interesting. Not sure that I'd want one, but it is interesting.

Maybe mold one into one of your composite stock projects? Maybe there's a way to make one add strength or rigidity to the stock and mag well rather than merely guarding the trigger from accidental contact?
I think I'd want it removeable, but definitely going in the new stocks :)

I can't find a picture of it right now but gunwerks makes a BDL bottom metal that looks pretty cool. Super expensive but the shape is cool.....

also I know APR makes one too looks different

Definitely not the coolest, but I'm making this one next week. I wanted to save some weight on a M5 style but also wanted smooth edges and a larger front end to allow for gloves in the winter.

Attachments

• F5116182-113A-4269-BA31-AA69C1399DC3.jpeg
    F5116182-113A-4269-BA31-AA69C1399DC3.jpeg
    282 KB · Views: 232
Definitely not the coolest, but I'm making this one next week. I wanted to save some weight on a M5 style but also wanted smooth edges and a larger front end to allow for gloves in the winter.
Is that an stl or fusion360 file? If so, where did you get it. Love to print one to play with. Thanks

We all like to see engraved bolts, handles, receivers but I like more work done on trigger guards. Whatever it may be, european skull of elk or deer or other animals. Gold leaf, silver or ceramic colors look awesome in engravings.

I'm not excited about the "squareness" of pictured guard. How about something like the one you pictured but with a little more roundness then a drop down curve for a middle finger rest. Also be cool if it could be hinged as to release the mag box on a detachable mag set up? Just throwing out an idea. I always thought a middle finger rest would serve as a more stable rest.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.