Cooler weather ,groundhogs moving and feeding.

Ohlongarm

Went out today started out and remained beautiful however the wing started really kicking up. Dropped this boy was hiding upper left light colored spot,dropped in his tracks 142 lasered yards.The wind played with the little 17,bullet entered high mid section but took his spine out.Check out the other one that popped up for a second,follow tree line and go left about 20 feet ,he made me. Stayed three hours but the wind made the gh's spooky.
gh0.jpg

Ohlongarm -

Howdy !

Fine job, there !

You got about another month before they den for the Winter ?

With regards,
357Mag

357Mag: I'd say in about 6 weeks they will pretty-much be holed up, although the latest I've shot a groundhog here in Ohio is the first day of December.
In fact, IMO prime 'hogging season is just starting around here: They're coming out of their holes after the hot weeks to fatten up for the winter. Also, once the beans are off and they lose their cover, they become prime targets!

Last edited:
357Mag: I'd say in about 6 weeks they will pretty-much be holed up, although the latest I've shot a groundhog here in Ohio is the first day of December.
In fact, IMO prime 'hogging season is just starting around here: They're coming out of their holes after the hot weeks to fatten up for the winter. Also, once the beans are off and they lose their cover, they become prime targets!
I've a thousand acres of beans just waiting to get cut,i'll be upping my ante big time.If no snow i generally get them in Ohio till first of December, but not as many as Sept ,Oct,and Nov.

Ohlongarm & Lewwetzel -

Howdy, gents !

All good new to hear !

If memory serves.... the only month of then year I did not kill a groundhog in ( NE Indiana ) was January.
Not because I didn't catch one out, but because I was not equipped to engage the surprising sight !

With regards,
357Mag

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.