Convert Tikka T3 270 win to 6mm Creedmoor

ALL of, the T3 and T3X, Tikka's, are LONG actions, some just have, short Bolt "STOP'S",.. depending on Cartridge used. Extra 5 Round Mags are avail at Midway for $45.00 or so in, .243 to .308 Win size,.. w/ a rim dia. of, .473 and length of Cart.,.. determine Mag size. The 87 V Max in a .243 Win. cart. at a COAL of, 2.720" fit, in my 5 rounder,.. find a COAL for the Cart/ Bullets YOU desire, to see if THEY fit !
The 1-9 Twist would probably be best if, shooting up to a 95 grain ALL Copper bullet,.. Call Barnes, to be SURE, tho !
I like the #3 ( 24" finished length) and #4 ( 26" fin length) Brux SS, Bbl's, depending on weight of Gun desired. The 6 Creed or, .243 Win are GREAT choices for Deer / Varmints ! Good Luck
Idaho Lefty eh? Cool moniker. I need another rifle only because I have 2 270's. I have been disappointedly unable to shoot the very heavy rounds accurately out of my 223 and I have not been able to get great accuracy out of my Sako A7 with the 85 and 90 grain offerings I have tried so why not try something in the middle? Do I need the gun, heck no, I don't shoot the ones I have enough as it is. I just would like to play with a new cartridge and my justification is above. I've got my 223 shooting mickey mouse ears with 36 grain Varmint grenades and one holers with 50 grain varmint grenades. I have my Sako 270 shooting one holes with 110 grain, 120, and 130. I have a 1952 Winchester Model 70 30-06 featherlight which was the first gun I put 3 shots through the exact same hole for 150 grain and above. So the 6 cm looks like some fun. Hard to justify a new custom gun but to customize the Tikka seems do-able.

Agreed, the 6 mm Creed is a good one that, I looked at, myself and I too, love to "play" with new Guns/ cal's and work up accurate loads for them ! I went with the .243 Win. stock, Factory Rifle, cause' I found, a "Lefty" old T3,.. CHEAP ! I was going to build, a 6 Creed or 6mm SLR. I left KaliFornicate almost 30 years ago, so I have NO experience with, Copper Bullets !
My factory Tikka T3, SS lite, .243 Win shoots 80 grain Sierra "Blitz" #1515 in the .2's and .3's with, 42.3 grs of, IMR 4350 and sub, 1/2 MOA with, the 87 gr V- Maxes with 43 grs of N-160. Yeah, you will enjoy the 6 mm ! You might look on Accurate shooter.com for, "Copper Load", suggestions,.. good Luck !

I am waiting for the day Tikka makes the T3x in a 6mm CM! I love my 6.5 CM but I have a custom 6mm cm that is a shooter and I love the 105 hybrids!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.