Convert 7mm RUM to??

I'll throw out a completely different angle. Sell it and use the money toward something like a Tikka CTR in 6.5 creed. Shooting a 7 rum isn't fun, you pretty much have to reload for it, brass isn't easy to find and you probably won't ever shoot enough to get proficient with these hang ups.
Throw a trigger spring in a CTR, put a good scope on it and start learning. Factory Ammo was easy to find but it's a little tough right now but it's still out there.
Sell it and get what you want. Penny wise and dollar foolish.😀

Hello, I am new to this. I have a Remington model 700 in 7mm RUM I took in on a trade. As I've seen the ammo is hard to come by, and barrel life is short. I want to convert it to something that's just all around more convenient. And in simple English as if you were explaining to someone who had no clue. I'm wondering what I would need to change, i.e. barrel, bolt, etc. as I've said I'm new to this and wanting to get into long range shooting. Just clueless here
A good brake , trigger tech trigger, ag composite stock, 175 accubonds, with some IMR 7828. What ever is in front of it will fold.

7 RUM. Wonderful round. I hunt with one all the time. It doesn't beat on you and can reach out and get the job done. I reload for it but have also found that Barnes factory ammo shoots just as good in my gun. It was built by JBJ Customs on a 700 action and I would never think of trying to tame it down. Keep the RUM and learn to love it. Give them a 7 and RUM.

You can burn out almost any barrel in almost any caliber if you continually shot it smoking hot. OR at least shorten the life considerably. Until we know more about what your goals are it's impossible to make a recommendation.

A good option would be to chamber in 7 mm rem you will be more likely to find brass for it even maybe once fired from some one but will need to have a new barrel there won't be enough meet left if it is cut off enough to chamber it again a smith might need to mess with it a little to get it to feed right tho good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts