Controversial Topic And Poll: Brown Bear & Slingshots

Do You Think Slingshots Should Be Legalized For Hunting Brown Bear?

• Yes

Votes: 791 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 848 51.7%

• Total voters
I think you have hit on a really good idea lightbulb and a very sportsman like way of going about.I wish you all the luck in the world!! :rolleyes:

Maybe we could get a hunting party togather, politciians, Judges, peta members, and any other treehuggers who want to go . Them kind like free trips, and turn them loose on Kodiac Island with sling shots and after a couple a weeks go back and see if those left will support gun laws!

I must have missed something. Who the F*** is trying to hunt Brown Bear with a slingshot. I've had trouble killing pigeons with a slingshot.

It would work if they're using the old SlingShotBow.

Yeah Alaska's got some dumb laws already like possession of beer is illegal,,,so why not let'em shoot a bear with a sling-shot??

Newton has something to say about this. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. So, sending a 400gr ball bearing out of a sling shot at 3000 fps should put you in for the Darwin awards. Of course, anything less than that much energy would put you in for the Darwin awards anyway. I assume that Len is going to be selling the sling shots.

Newton has something to say about this. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. So, sending a 400gr ball bearing out of a sling shot at 3000 fps should put you in for the Darwin awards. Of course, anything less than that much energy would put you in for the Darwin awards anyway. I assume that Len is going to be selling the sling shots.

I reckon 400gr @ 3000fps would be an ideal way to stop a bear in its tracks - now where do I get the slingshot? :D

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.