Controversial Topic And Poll: Brown Bear & Slingshots

Do You Think Slingshots Should Be Legalized For Hunting Brown Bear?

• Yes

Votes: 791 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 848 51.7%

• Total voters
i am still laughing.........my nick name is Bear, and i know how i would feel if someone shot me with a sling shot and did not put me out......have fun and be safe.... Bear.

I am posting this picture for Philip who says this guy was planning to become the first slingshot brown bear hunter.

But unfortunately he is still in intensive care.

Attachments

• ATT00007.jpg
    ATT00007.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 23
I can't tell if he is reaching for his slingshot or not !!!

Last picture taken of a moron.It's one of the laws of nature that the stupid usually remove themselves from the gene pool.
get-attachment.aspx

Last edited:
With the proper choice of projectile-- drive way gravel is the absolute minimum-- slingshots work equally well for pink elephants.

I was watching a show on TV the other night called" Punkin Chunkin" and they had several slingshots that would be good enough for bear.Just put in a bowling ball. They were shooting pumpkins over a mile. I don't know what the chamber pressures were on some of those guns, but you could tell they were pushing the limits of safety and sanity. Some of them must of had too fast a twist rate because the pumpkins exploded as they left the barrel. I don't know if they paid any attention to the pumkin manufactures listed BC or not but they all seemed to be concerned with the sectional density and they rejected a lot of the projectiles for being over or under size. I thought there would have been more Quality Control on the part of the farmer raising them pumpkins. They take bets on the longest shot but how do you begin to guess which one will win? I put my money on the one with the Huskamaw scope!!

I think slingshots the use of slingshots would provide an unfair advantage to the hunter. The hunting of brown bear should be restricted to chinese throwing stars.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.