Controversial Topic And Poll: Brown Bear & Slingshots

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Len Backus, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Yes

789 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. No

843 vote(s)
    51.7%
  1. Loki Dog

Loki Dog Well-Known Member

Yes I think we should try this, I'm headed to Alaska on a bear hunting trip, this coming Sept. I would be glad to have anyone volunteering to do this, come along. I plan to use my 338 EDGE. I'm a fairly good shot, so I'll back off about 300 yards away so as not to spook them and allow you to take the first shot. Loki:D

2. mart

mart Member

yes i think it would be great to fatten up the griz population!:D

3. LouBoyd

LouBoyd Well-Known Member

It really doesn't matter if it's legalized. How is any court going to convict the remains of whoever trys it?

4. iloveto4x4

iloveto4x4 Member

Sorry ya'll I voted no before fully thinking out the issue. Upon further consideration, I realize that this would be an awesome way to help the bears AND our gene pool. Let's find a couple of tree huggin' liberals to go on the first hunt and someone with a long range video camera setup so we can post the results to youtube! Happy hunting all!

5. kc

kc Well-Known Member

You would find that person on the front page of. THE BOOK OF IDIOTS.

6. alled12

alled12 Member

Why not as long as I can have a 450 Nitro Express slung over my shoulder just in case the ball baring simply annoys it lol. Not for me though anyone who wants to have a go I will put them forward for a Darwin award as someone else mentioned.

7. cfvickers

cfvickers Well-Known Member

I accidentally voted no, I read it at first as "do you think it should be illegal. They should legalize it then allow individuals attempting such to bring along paid spectators!! I would buy the ticket to watch. It would be like gladiators in modern times.

8. Josh Wayner

Josh Wayner Member

this is a wonderful thing to imagine.

9. elkstalker300

elkstalker300 Well-Known Member

You bet, give them to all the Dems and tell them they are the new way to hunt and not hurt the animal in anyway, I wanna watch O.B. stalk up close then piss off a big ole brown bear

10. Gone Ballistic

Gone Ballistic Well-Known Member

Most Definately!
    I think anyone that would be gifted enough to think this one up should be the first one to do it, as the rest of us videoed your experience from a considerable distance. I'll even donate for a pair of Nike's best running shoes in your size just to make the video a little longer and more interesting!

11. ESSCEE

ESSCEE Member

Definate population control, I also want to watch this from a distance.

12. Flametop7

Flametop7 Active Member

Im not against the slingshot I'm just skeptical. When I think of Brown Bears I think of Alaskan Brownies. Those are not animals that you hunt lightly.

13. irdomftlomk

irdomftlomk Member

I always thought it would be a worthy challange to hunt bear with a sword and shield. Of course hunter would have to be covered in honey with a pork roast tied to thier neck.

14. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

That would be me1

Size 13, please. :cool: