Controversial Topic And Poll: Brown Bear & Slingshots

Do You Think Slingshots Should Be Legalized For Hunting Brown Bear?

• Yes

Votes: 791 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 848 51.7%

• Total voters
I think it should be perfectly legal. Keeps the gene pool clear of unwanted gene's and provides entertainment for the rest of us by showing us just how foolish some can be.

Very funny thread:D:D:D
But would actually enjoy seeing a video of someone trying it, just the idea makes me laugh!!!:D:D:D
Happy new year to everyone.

The 3 person slingshot might work. With the 2 that came up with the idea on the outside and the 3rd idiot in the middle for going along with it.:D:D:D Just knock em out with some pumpkin chunkin.:D If and that's a big IF this is serious I'd luv to see the slingshot.

Last edited:
uhhh well i voted no but if you do like some of the dangerous hunts in africa where the hunter shoots first then the guides do about 10 follow up shots then i guess it would be ok. Seen one show like that a guy shot a elephant with a bow then the guides commenced to shooting then the guy was all happy he killed it with a bow. ????????????? not sure how that works but but if you did that you could say you killed a brown bear with a slingshot. lol

Acme Brown Bear Slingshot

I think they should be legal but only if manufactured by "Acme" products. The hunter should however, not be allowed to wear any kind of camo, only an Acme Bat suit and rocket skates.

So I voted yes, but then again, I'm a victim of the Wiley Coyote (Super Genius Extraordinaire) cartoon era.

Hey Rem 25-06, we're just funnin'

Tom

No need for legislation as I'm positive that this falls under the jurisdiction of the Law of Natural Selection!:rolleyes: That being said, I betcha shot placement is going to be ultra critical.

No need for legislation as I'm positive that this falls under the jurisdiction of the Law of Natural Selection!:rolleyes: That being said, I betcha shot placement is going to be ultra critical.

shot placement hmmmm yea im trying to think of the best place to shoot a brown bear with some ball bearing out of a sling shot. Maybe if your good you can shoot two and hit him in both eyes and he will take off running and run into a tree and break his neck and there you have it a brown bear with a slingshot.

You know, actually this thread brings a memory back.

When I was a youngster, my Dad made me a slingshot from the crotch of a small tree. He had spent a lot of time on it as my Dad was somewhat of a perfectionist anyway. He had inlet grooves for the rubber bands at the end of each limb. The bands were two industrial size rubber bands and the pocket was made from a chunk of soft leather he had salvaged from an old leather work boot. I learned how to shoot it half way descent, mostly scavenging the best round rocks I could find in the Missouri Rivers sandy soil. It was deadly on birds within 20 feet and I regularly launched rocks at ripples out to the middle of the river and shot turtles, frogs and other dangerous game along the river bank. One day I found a marble on the ground. I had an epiphany an stuck it into my pocket. I thought wow, now I have some real ammo just in case I come across something big! I carried that marble around for most of the summer. I never did find a critter worthy of using my weapon of mass destruction. I think I eventually lost my big game hunting marble and thankfully, I never did run across a brown bear wandering the river banks of western Iowa.

Tom

''Comfisherman'' Has a great point with legal use of hippies for bait!
Slingshots, Why not! This may not be the proper Christian attitude, but ''theres something to be said for natural selection!''......lightbulbThis topic might give TRED BARTA some new TV ideas, but ill keep my distance!:D

Roaddog1m, That was one hilarious post! you should put it in the humor section/thread. I almost felt like I was the kid in your story.
Lucky for the brown bear you didnt run accross him with slingshot ammo that potent.

I feel they should legalize, would sure make for some great youtube footage :D

Maybe Byran can comment if Berger is planning on coming out with some slingshot VLDs? :cool:

Not only do I think they should be legalized, I think we members of Longrange hunting should put together a paid trip for BO,P and B to hunt them!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.