Controversial Topic And Poll: Brown Bear & Slingshots

Do You Think Slingshots Should Be Legalized For Hunting Brown Bear?

• Yes

Votes: 791 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 848 51.7%

• Total voters
I have a question, how do you get the .50BMG Raufous Bullet to exit the slingshot point first? Or should I be more sporting and use APIT's? I'm having a real hard time with that!

I think they need to ban all slingshots that have pistol grips, detachable magagzines, flash suppressors, heat shields, semi-auto or full auto function! They are evil and are the weapon of choice by most gang members and drug dealers. :D Also they need to ban all .50 cal. assualt slingshots. :eek:

I just found this elsewhere:

"[FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Sarah Palin paid her way through school by hunting for Kodiak pelts with a slingshot."

:D
[/FONT]

I have brown bears in my back yard periodically. In fact this spring a brown bear tore into my bird pens and killed every ringneck pheasant, chukar, and wild turkey I had. Now... Alaska has a regulation which covers archery equipment eligible for the hunting of big game by requiring that the bow propel an arrow of a specified weight a specified distance. Only because I'm still ticked at the bear gun) and all the work that remains to repair and/or rebuild my bird pens, I would agree to be the guinee pig for a trial run on this slingshot season. But - with the condition that this sling shot be proven capable to reliably propel a four-pound hand grenade a minimum of 250 feet, or whatever distance would be sufficient to prevent damage to my house, because that's where I'd be launching from - the safety of my home... :D

Got to be about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Is this for real??? Like are they really considering this, or just a joke??? How the hel do people think there going to kill a brown/griz with a freaking slingshot, seriously??? I would like to know for my own knowledge. This seems ludicrous to me. Seems like I'm the majority here, with my vote which is amazing. Are there really that many dumb people out there willing to go after something that will rip your head off in one easy swipe??? How many bears get away from rifles and bows each year, let alone a measly ol slingshot?? That would just pis any bear off. I dont even see how it would penetrate the skin, let alone the fat and muscle before it actually reached any vital.

Might as well throw a rock...and kis your as goodbye!!!

Well I would use a slingshot with a well placed eye shot but not a single shot rifle. I might even take a muzzleloader over a slingshot but that would be a close call. Slingshots are just so traditional that it would not feel right messing with tradition. Now if you wanted to have some serious overkill I guess you could bring along a single shot rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.