Controversial Topic And Poll: Brown Bear & Slingshots

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Len Backus, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Yes

788 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. No

843 vote(s)
    51.7%
  1. wayneborngesser

wayneborngesser Active Member

I have a question, how do you get the .50BMG Raufous Bullet to exit the slingshot point first? Or should I be more sporting and use APIT's? I'm having a real hard time with that!

2. soren

soren Well-Known Member

I think they need to ban all slingshots that have pistol grips, detachable magagzines, flash suppressors, heat shields, semi-auto or full auto function! They are evil and are the weapon of choice by most gang members and drug dealers. :D Also they need to ban all .50 cal. assualt slingshots. :eek:

3. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Yep, brings to mind one of my favorite sayings I use in the summer here in Texas with my hunting partner: "You go first!"

Bob

4. Oddbod

Oddbod Active Member

I just found this elsewhere:

"[FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Sarah Palin paid her way through school by hunting for Kodiak pelts with a slingshot."

:D
    [/FONT]

5. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Love it! And I thought I had it tough...

6. nfhjr62

nfhjr62 Well-Known Member

You got to be kidding on this one, maybe if the ballbearing explodes when it hits

7. phorwath

phorwath Well-Known Member

I have brown bears in my back yard periodically. In fact this spring a brown bear tore into my bird pens and killed every ringneck pheasant, chukar, and wild turkey I had. Now... Alaska has a regulation which covers archery equipment eligible for the hunting of big game by requiring that the bow propel an arrow of a specified weight a specified distance. Only because I'm still ticked at the bear gun) and all the work that remains to repair and/or rebuild my bird pens, I would agree to be the guinee pig for a trial run on this slingshot season. But - with the condition that this sling shot be proven capable to reliably propel a four-pound hand grenade a minimum of 250 feet, or whatever distance would be sufficient to prevent damage to my house, because that's where I'd be launching from - the safety of my home... :D

8. remingtonman_25_06

remingtonman_25_06 Well-Known Member

Got to be about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Is this for real??? Like are they really considering this, or just a joke??? How the hel do people think there going to kill a brown/griz with a freaking slingshot, seriously??? I would like to know for my own knowledge. This seems ludicrous to me. Seems like I'm the majority here, with my vote which is amazing. Are there really that many dumb people out there willing to go after something that will rip your head off in one easy swipe??? How many bears get away from rifles and bows each year, let alone a measly ol slingshot?? That would just pis any bear off. I dont even see how it would penetrate the skin, let alone the fat and muscle before it actually reached any vital.

Might as well throw a rock...and kis your as goodbye!!!

9. rtv900

rtv900 Well-Known Member

Well I would use a slingshot with a well placed eye shot but not a single shot rifle. I might even take a muzzleloader over a slingshot but that would be a close call. Slingshots are just so traditional that it would not feel right messing with tradition. Now if you wanted to have some serious overkill I guess you could bring along a single shot rifle.

10. crypto666

crypto666 Member

I heard Barnes is producing an all copper slug for sling shots that will have maximum weight retention. Probably pretty accurate out to 40 yards.

11. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

:):):):):)

12. Oddbod

Oddbod Active Member

It doesn't matter what bait you use: sooner or later a fish will take it.:D

13. bigbuck

bigbuck Well-Known Member

+1 on that statement

14. MN Hunter

MN Hunter Well-Known Member

Would it be legal to put a red dot sight on it?