Contemplating a 7-300 PRC build. Talk me out of it.

The short answer is the longer neck and throat as well as Lapua brass.

Regarding the 7 PRC, I'm thinking if I want mid level the 7 SAUM sings to me as a short action targeting the 175 ELD-X or similar Berger bullet. I do think it's hard to go wrong with any of these. I was pleased with my 7 Remington mag and regret selling it, but if I'm going to build one 7mm from the ground up I want it to be just exactly what I want. Just still having fun trying to define what that is.
You would give up nothing to Lapua by shooting ADG or Peterson brass in 28 Nosler.
If you're gonna build custom anyway, throat and twist the Nosler properly and enjoy. No need IMO to reinvent the wheel with an obscure wildcat that will require custom dies and such.

Lapua brass is good but not the end all, be all.

You would give up nothing to Lapua by shooting ADG or Peterson brass in 28 Nosler.
If you're gonna build custom anyway, throat and twist the Nosler properly and enjoy. No need IMO to reinvent the wheel with an obscure wildcat that will require custom dies and such.

Lapua brass is good but not the end all, be all.
Normally I would agree with you but a 7-300 prc is a better choice in terms of case capacity , and you can use 300 prc FL bushing dies.
Of course it would require a custom reamer but that's easy enough and gives one the opportunity to design it correctly to avoid sizing issues.

Normally I would agree with you but a 7-300 prc is a better choice in terms of case capacity , and you can use 300 prc FL bushing dies.
Of course it would require a custom reamer but that's easy enough and gives one the opportunity to design it correctly to avoid sizing issues.
Better in what way (regarding powder capacity)?

I didn't think about using 300 PRC dies, good point.

Anyone use Lapua 300 PRC brass yet? I've heard things about it giving up primers sooner than expected but not much out yet. I need more and ADG is still not around.
If you want adg 300 prc brass, we have piles of it. Let me know.
Paul
616 299 1349
North American Ammunition Company

Recent Posts