Considering using a bipod for my new rifle-any BIPODS comments?

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by Canadian Hunter, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Canadian Hunter

Canadian Hunter Member

I'm considering mounting a bipod for hunting- thought it might increase my shooting long range...better than leaning against a rock with my baseball cap [​IMG]

Any opinions on bipods? Are they worth it?

Which would you choose?

MODELS:

Model BR: (Bench Rest) Lowest of the Bipods. Most useful for shooting off the bench. Adjustable height from 6" to 9".

Model L: (Light) The world's largest selling bipod, compact and light. Adjustable height from 9" to 13" Weight 11 oz.

Model H: (High) For prone or sitting shooting, it's the best for varmint shooting. Adjustable from 13 1/2" to 23"

Model 25C: The tallest of the Bipods, Three piece leg construction adjustable from 13 1/2" to 27"

STYLES:

Series "M": A new version of the original Leg Notch Bipod. The legs eject by spring action. Height settings in 1" incremwents.

Series "S": Rotates to either side for instant leveling on uneven ground. Hinged base has tension adjustment and buffer springs to eliminate tremor or looseness. They are otherwise similar to non-rotating Series. Available for ALL models except the "H" model.

Thanks

2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk Well-Known Member

Canadian Hunter, may I recommend the Harris Series S 9-13." Works great for me, plus you can still put a sling on it if you wish. Good luck

3. HighLander

HighLander Member

Short Harris works great for me in the prone position. Check out the other bipod discussion in long range hunting section. Good Luck!