Considering a Tikka

I've got 3 tikkas now. I sold the superlite I bought for the girlfriend in 30'06 cuz it kicked harder than my 338's & 375's. There are two things I don't like about them. The bigger calibers in the superlite are less than 6 pounds and kick like hell. I carry 338 win mags and 375 H&Hs and I'd rather shoot them unbroke than that '06. It's not tikkas fault, it's just physics and and any gun that light without a brake will kick. The second thing is the magazine can pop out if hunting thick brush. I has a single release point that can be hit by brush and it will drop out on the trail. A buddy had it happen when we were hunting moose. Lucky for us, We were able to backtrack and find it laying in the trail. The local sportsman's warehouse manager said it happen to him. He never found it and switched to a sako when he got back from the hunt. Be sure to carry a backup magazine in your pack. If you can deal with those two issues then they are a great gun for the money.

Will keep this short... I'm no rifle expert (although I presently have 8 hunting rifles). I bought a Tikka T3 laminated in .308 Win back in 2009. I also own a Blaser R93 in .308 Win. I am stationed in Germany and hunt there as well as in a few neighboring countries. For deer and wild boar the Tikka sees the most action. Very accurate, great bolt action, and with the laminate finish stainless barrel... it is light to carry and quite weather resistent. Zeiss optics are mounted on it and I have never been let down...
20230530_083636.jpg

Last edited:
It's not Tikka customer service that's an issue here in the States. It's Beretta.
Got it. Thanks for a clarification but I was responding to the comment which referred to "Tikka's" customer service being terrible... didn't realize it was possibly due to Beretta ownership. But again, and I suppose it's due the close proximity of Italy to Germany, we don't have any Beretta issues either that I'm aware of... and I know a bunch of Beretta pistol and shotgun shooters... 😂

Well a lil update, the laminate 7mm I ordered is further out than what they expected. I'm not sure what the issue is there but they told me they had the shipment of Tikka come in when they called me. They made me a good deal on an all black T3x 300 wsm for the inconvenience on the delivery of the 7mm so I jumped on it. I told em I still want the 7mm when they can get it. But I like the feel of this rifle and can't wait to shoot it. I got 500 178 eldx and some brass so I guess I need to get to work lol. I got H4350, H4831 sc to play with.

I always wanted to take a T3 in 7/08 and turn it into a 284....gun nuts eh

Seems to me that Laker did that once upon a time
I did a 284 on a tikka a few years ago. Fed like it had eyes and shot good. Just found something else shiny I wanted to play with is why it went down the road. Now I'm a short barrel suppressed rifle guy