Considering a Tikka

I
I love Tikkas but a downside is their customer service is terrible since Beretta acquired them.
can agree with this. Years ago I bought a t3 or t3x. While at the range it blew out the ejector and spring. I called for a warranty replacement and they told me it would be 6 months before I could get one. After I received it I installed it and sold the gun. Again that was a number of years ago I'm hoping that things have changed. That is the only thing I have personal experience with

Alright give me the Good, Bad, and Ugly. I'm considering a Tikka. Specifically a laminated stainless in 7mm Remington magnum.
I got a lil experience loading for a friend with the exact same gun. However, I have never owned one. I've shot his about 20 times. His is stupid accurate with 162 Eldx over H1000. He wouldn't sale me his, so I'm thinking of one. Anything to be mindful of or just do it?
Just do it. Have the stock hydra dipped.

Alright give me the Good, Bad, and Ugly. I'm considering a Tikka. Specifically a laminated stainless in 7mm Remington magnum.
I got a lil experience loading for a friend with the exact same gun. However, I have never owned one. I've shot his about 20 times. His is stupid accurate with 162 Eldx over H1000. He wouldn't sale me his, so I'm thinking of one. Anything to be mindful of or just do it?
Do it. Have the stock hydra dipped.

A friend of mine has a Tikka from when they first came out, wood stock 7mm-08. What a tack driver it is. He shoots steel with it and whitetail and muley's. In 11 years he's dropped 22 whitetail bucks with one shot, in their tracks. It is money in the bank. At the range I've challenged him that after the first two shots that he wasn't even hitting the target. But he taped over the holes and proved me wrong. It is soooo accurate, the action is butter smooth and the trigger is crisp and consistent. Nicely balanced too. i can't answer for balance with the plastic stocked ones but the wood stocked one is very natural in my hands. I have a Cooper and I find myself envious of the Tikka because of its performance.

Make your own hydra drip, used textured base coat then whatever colors you'd like. Did it for my my wife's Tikka.
IMG_3591.jpeg

Just picked up a T3x Super Varmint in .308. Got a 0.446" group (3 shots) right out of the box with factory Barnes Vortex 130gr. TTSX. First 3 shots out of the barrel.

I have a T3x Lite in 7-08 that's fantastic also. Can't go wrong with the Tikkas!

Attachments

• 20230518_171343.jpg
    20230518_171343.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Will the super varmint in 7 rem mag stabilize 180 gr bullets with the 1.9.5 twist?
I believe so, but I would guess probably not anything heavier than that. I'm sure there are plenty of dudes on this forum who could speak to that with more authority than me though.

I own a 308, 7mm-08, 243 and 223 They all shoot very well and shot very well with original barrels. The 223 is the only one with original factory barrel left on it and all of them shoot less than 1/2 moa as long as I do my part. They all shoot handloads and the 223 also shoots factory berger 223 with 77grain OTM's as well as my handloads on it.

I have 5 at the moment and have shot a sixth. These are the easiest rifles to load for I've ever found. Triggers are great and bolt is so smooth. Downsides? When I first got into them, rings/bases were hard to source locally (Amazon makes that a non issue).

I've been pleasantly surprised with how well the synthetic stocks work (nice wood doesn't work for me in a hunting rifle that gets used hard). Don't care for the black stock but I've been working on a remedy over the weekend. Lighting wasn't great but you can see how they finished up. They flat disappeared in cover.

Attachments

• 83907B23-A095-4295-8E00-B7962C9DC054.jpeg
    83907B23-A095-4295-8E00-B7962C9DC054.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 104
I

can agree with this. Years ago I bought a t3 or t3x. While at the range it blew out the ejector and spring. I called for a warranty replacement and they told me it would be 6 months before I could get one. After I received it I installed it and sold the gun. Again that was a number of years ago I'm hoping that things have changed. That is the only thing I have personal experience with
Same thing happened to me with my Tikka T3X in .243. My LGS fixed very inexpensively. Shot well, cheap stock, and great rifle for money. Sold but would consider buying another one but they don't offer the cartridge I'm wanting.