Consensus on barrel contour?

MagnumManiac

Hi all,
Have a question regarding contours for F-class barrels.
I run the 1.250" barrels on my heavy guns, but recently tried .950" just for craps & giggles.
They shot just as well, so my question is; if weight wasn't the only reason for using such heavy barrels, is there another reason for not using them?
Also, I'm in the market for a new McMillan F-class stock with a narrower fore end cut out, anyone know who the Australian distributor is? Can't find it and I don't want to wait 9 months.

Cheers.

Hi all,
Have a question regarding contours for F-class barrels.
I run the 1.250" barrels on my heavy guns, but recently tried .950" just for craps & giggles.
They shot just as well, so my question is; if weight wasn't the only reason for using such heavy barrels, is there another reason for not using them?
Also, I'm in the market for a new McMillan F-class stock with a narrower fore end cut out, anyone know who the Australian distributor is? Can't find it and I don't want to wait 9 months.

Cheers.
Try Jerry Teo of http://mysticprecision.com/about/

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.