Confused . Com

Mike donachie

hi fairly new to long range hunting and shooting. The miriad of bullets weights powders in the land of the lands. My question any one here shooting the tikka tac a1 stock rifle and reloading for it if so what weight of bullets are you using are the on or of the lands. Mines are 143gr Hornady eldx. On the lands grouping not bad but could be better I've ordered some Berger 139gr otm bullets. To try out. Any ideas or thoughts welcome thanks

I take it to be a 6.5 CM?? Try the Sierra 150s. Work well in my Savage with 41.0 of IMR4350 @.010 off

BW

Seating depth seems to be an individual thing with every barrel having its own preference. I don't load in to the lands because it has to be more exact. It can go from being just touching to jammed easily. I usually start at 20 thousandths off and adjust from there. Seating in to the lands increases pressure. What twist barrel do you have and what's your magazine length? Search 6.5 Creedmoor within this forum. There is a lot of good information available.

It seems the general experience with the ELD-X is they don't group very well.

Are you looking for a bullet for hunting of for shooting long range?

I think you meant the 130 otm.
That's a great all around bullet for 6.5. Try to get it as close to 3000 FPS as you can do so safely. It gives great performance for the range of the cartridge. It also has a pretty good kill record for hunting.

In the CTR I had the 143 eldx grouped awesome as long as I didn't try and push them too hard. Try between 20 and 50 thou off the lands with H-4350. In my experience the Eld don't like to be real close to the lands.

Personal experience o
It seems the general experience with the ELD-X is they don't group very well.

Are you looking for a bullet for hunting of for shooting long range?
Personal experience only for me...143 eld-x is performing very well...I had great difficulty with the Match bullet! Hornady 143x out of box ammo was tack drivers....bought it for the brass and was stunned by it's accuracy.

In the CTR I had the 143 eldx grouped awesome as long as I didn't try and push them too hard. Try between 20 and 50 thou off the lands with H-4350. In my experience the Eld don't like to be real close to the lands.
It is interesting you post this as there is a parallel thread here where the fellow has been struggling to get an ELD-X to shoot well from his gun. And he DID find a load that finally went sub-MOA! But he's not happy because it isn't 'fast' enough. Sometimes that's just how it goes. Speed is great, but if I had to choose between a 2 MOA load that was "fast!" and a 0.75 MOA load that was 150 fps slower, I'd take the slower load every time. Hitting the target where I want is far more important to me than hitting where I wasn't really aiming, but faster and harder.

hi fairly new to long range hunting and shooting. The miriad of bullets weights powders in the land of the lands. My question any one here shooting the tikka tac a1 stock rifle and reloading for it if so what weight of bullets are you using are the on or of the lands. Mines are 143gr Hornady eldx. On the lands grouping not bad but could be better I've ordered some Berger 139gr otm bullets. To try out. Any ideas or thoughts welcome thanks
I have been shooting one for two years now. It shoots Sierra Matchking 142 really well but shoots Berger's 130 with 41.5 H4350 better, .015 off the lands.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts