Confused AGAIN

Cajuncoonazz

Was about to order a NF 5.5x25x56, then the guy starts telling me ziess 6.5x20x50. Ok so one last time cause hunting season is coming quick and i need a HUNTING scope that will hold its zero if bumped and one that will have no prob tracking cause i wAnt one with adjustable turrets. So here the ? One more time budget is 2000 less if possible. What is the best hunting scope outhere (brand dont matter) to shoot probably no further than 600 yds and 200-300 average shots! Help please

Not saying the Leupold is better than the NF but for your use my vote goes to the VX-3LR i use mine out to 1200 on a regular basis no problem, you are only shooting to 600, i use my rifles and use them hard and have never had a problem with the Leupold. save yourself a grand and go that route, or even a MK-4

Go with the nightforce and dont look back. You could give Jay a call over at
Sport Optics 800-720-9625 . They have the best deal going with free shipping and a help staff.lightbulb

FWIW, if your targets don't shoot back, and you are not prone to using your scope for a battering ram, Leupold and Zeiss are the way to go.

For 300 yard shooting and 600 max most any good scope mentioned already is good. Throw Sightron, Bushnell and Vortex in the mix. You dont have to spend alot of money.

Was about to order a NF 5.5x25x56, then the guy starts telling me ziess 6.5x20x50. Ok so one last time cause hunting season is coming quick and i need a HUNTING scope that will hold its zero if bumped and one that will have no prob tracking cause i wAnt one with adjustable turrets. So here the ? One more time budget is 2000 less if possible. What is the best hunting scope outhere (brand dont matter) to shoot probably no further than 600 yds and 200-300 average shots! Help please
I'll throw a monkey wrench in here. With that criteria I'd go for the IOR Valdada 4.5-15x50 tactical with the 35mm Tube and the MP8 Reticle.

Next to that I'd go for a Mark 4 Leupold in the same power or step up to the 6-20x50.

Unless you are shooting prairie dogs at that range you really don't need more than 14x and certainly no more than 20x.

I also have the 6-24x50 IOR Valdada on my 300 Rum and it's all the scope I need out to 1,000yds plus even on targets as small as a bobcat.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.