Condor killer

I've worked up a load with 180 grain Etips in my Savage 300 win mag. Loaded touching the lands over 72.5 grains of Reloader 25 and Tula mag primers has netted me .25 moa at 100 yards. Need to take a day off and visit the longer range and work out the drops, but it looks like these will work for my cow elk hunt in January.

Did you ever end up shooting these at long range??

Sorry I dropped the ball on this thread I started, I had to prepare for and go on my last hunt for the year. I just got back from the California G6 hunt. While I was there I met a couple hunters who are shooting Barnes bullets long range with great accuracy and performance. One load he had worked up was with a 7mm STW Barnes 120 grn Triple Shock bullet, 89 grns of reliant reloader 25 powder, CCI Magnum primers, Remington brass, he had a Remington 700 action with a 26.75" Shillen barrel!!! He also said the newer Barnes bullets like the tipped ones didnt shoot well for him. I think the bullet was going 3800 fps!! And he also said he tried to duplicate this gun a couple times but the other Shillen barrels were not shooting over 3400 fps!

Sorry I dropped the ball on this thread I started, I had to prepare for and go on my last hunt for the year. I just got back from the California G6 hunt. While I was there I met a couple hunters who are shooting Barnes bullets long range with great accuracy and performance. One load he had worked up was with a 7mm STW Barnes 120 grn Triple Shock bullet, 89 grns of reliant reloader 25 powder, CCI Magnum primers, Remington brass, he had a Remington 700 action with a 26.75" Shillen barrel!!! He also said the newer Barnes bullets like the tipped ones didnt shoot well for him. I think the bullet was going 3800 fps!! And he also said he tried to duplicate this gun a couple times but the other Shillen barrels were not shooting over 3400 fps!
He's wasting a great gun shooting the 120grn bullets. You don't begin to appreciate the STW till you move up to at least 150grn and higher bullets with the best BC's.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.