Concerns 7 year old powder?

Zen Archery

I'm pulling a barrel off a rifle and realized I've got about 200 rounds of ammo that equals a lot of Varget (30.06). Any concerns reusing powder this old particular since it's been sitting in a case? Do/can primers change the molecular integrity of the powder?
Thanks in advance.

Should not be any issue. Check it for any discoloration, such as a rusty color. A splotchy dark and light appearance, such as one case that the powder appears different. Also a strong smell is usually associated with powder that has gone bad. Dump them one at a time into an isolated dish to examine them and then combine once you can verify the condition.

Like others have said check for smell and discoloration by pouring into a big mixing bowl. I had some Retumbo that was 10 years old, but I keep all my powder in conditioned air. The only issue I had was some clumping, I broke up the clumps and it shot just fine.

I put a label on all of my powder and primers indicating the month & year of purchase. I have a can of powder that I bought in 2003 and probably haven't used it since then. Just recently I gave it a try just out of curiosity. The powder ignited normally, velocities were as expected and the groups were tight. I was kind of amazed.

I'm pulling a barrel off a rifle and realized I've got about 200 rounds of ammo that equals a lot of Varget (30.06). Any concerns reusing powder this old particular since it's been sitting in a case? Do/can primers change the molecular integrity of the powder?
Thanks in advance.
I've used and still use powders that I've had for decades with zero issues.

As long as the ammo has not been exposed to high moisture or extended high heat, you should be fine.
I have some old varmint handloads that I found that were loaded in 1983, and they shoot well. Also, as others have stated, I have shot
old mil surplus 30-06 with dates of 43-53, and they worked fine. I have a few old cans of powder that date to the mid 80's, and I still use them for the occasional loads to replicate a few of my old pet loads from the time.