Complete Newbie seeking advice for elk setup

Agreed! I have 4.5s and 5s and sometimes I feel the same way. I recently acquired 2.5 and it's perfect for those close-range shots.
I have a Trijicon 2-10x56 that I couldn't be happier with.

I also have the Leupold VX6's in 3-18x50 that will get it done for me at any range I'm willing to shoot game.

I have two of the 4-24x52 VX6's as well for stretching it out even farther on targets, varmints, and predators.

I think that many of us forget just how often minimal magnification on the low end is essential to success because we get too hung up on the long stuff.

We can train a lifetime to make that thousand yard or further shot but when the chance of a lifetime pops up at 15-75yds you can have way too much scope in a hurry.

I learned that the hard way in Africa initially having a Mark IV 8.5-25x50 on my long gun.

I quickly picked up the Trijicon and no more issues on that hunt.

Looks like he hasn't been on since January 10th.

QUOTE="FEENIX, post: 1760286, member: 14204"]Yep, it ended 27 Oct. Hunting result is always nice to hear.[/QUOTE]

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.