Comparing Warranties on Powder Dispensers

Bought a used Harrels about 10 years ago. Few years later, it jammed up and would not move. Returned it to Harrels; they repaired it quickly and returned it postage free.

Bought a used Harrels about 10 years ago. Few years later, it jammed up and would not move. Returned it to Harrels; they repaired it quickly and returned it postage free.

I use a Harrell Culver style measure. Think it's a 60 grain capacity one. I just love it! When I ordered it, my buddies said I was nuts (many others do as well) to spend that kind of money on a powder measurer. I think I spent $180. It showed up in about a week, and I took it out of the box to examine this little jewell. It just reeked with quality. Well before I even got to try it out my buddies came over to see it. Sat down and figured out how it works, and never looked over warranty or anything else. (the idea of all settings being measured in clicks was new to me). Made one phone call and spoke with Linnwood, and he had me going in ten minutes ( I was not using it the right way the first time I used it). The measure has never gave me a second of trouble, and I doubt it ever will. I did get to compair it with a Niel Jones that cost twice as much (think it was Ferris Pindell's or somebody he knew). Only complaint was that mine used a small bottle design instead of the bigger ones.

As for the PACT, I have one (dispenser), and have used it a few times. Very accurate, and simple to use. I liked the way it cleans up, but would have liked it better with a different setup to screw in powder bottles. Guys griped about the speed of it, but for most stuff I do it's fast enough. I have called them (Pact) about the upgrades and will have them done. But I just don't do a lot of high volume reloading to seriously make use of it's advantages. And for ball powders and revolver rounds nothing like that will ever work as fast as the Harrell or even my generic Lyman measurer. But the auto job does free up one hand during reloading!
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.