Compact tractor?

Also back to the horsepower/ traction aspect of things I am running industrial tires they last forever and with what I do May outlast me or the tractor. you will get much better traction with agricultural tires but I work in my lawn and AG tires will really tear up the grass

R4 tires are designed to be long wearing, not for traction. These new hybrid R14 radials are the ticket. If you have never had radials on a tractor, I suggest you find a dealer or neighbor that does and try them. You will eliminate the traction/horsepower issue with radials, because you will be able to bog the tractor down with radials. I ordered a new set of take off wheels from Ag Wheel Express for both tractors, the R4s will be the mowing & clearing thorny areas, grading, maintaining and building new roads tires and the R14s will be for ripping, plowing, disking and cutting hay tires.

Also back to the horsepower/ traction aspect of things I am running industrial tires they last forever and with what I do May outlast me or the tractor. you will get much better traction with agricultural tires but I work in my lawn and AG tires will really tear up the grass
So true! I does tear up/churn grass even with a wide turn radius.

R4 tires are designed to be long wearing, not for traction. These new hybrid R14 radials are the ticket. If you have never had radials on a tractor, I suggest you find a dealer or neighbor that does and try them. You will eliminate the traction/horsepower issue with radials, because you will be able to bog the tractor down with radials. I ordered a new set of take off wheels from Ag Wheel Express for both tractors, the R4s will be the mowing & clearing thorny areas, grading, maintaining and building new roads tires and the R14s will be for ripping, plowing, disking and cutting hay tires.
Try buying 50s and 34s for a 7215r. I hope I sell the tractor before it requires new tires. 18.4x42 aren't cheap.

If you can get an IVT transmission they are better built than the older hydrostat. I have 1 in a 7215r that pulls a 32' double offset on uneven terrain (semi hilly), but had too add weight on the front for traction. It pulls better with an 8760 (lot more heavier, especially with a 14' blade on the front. If it has a loader (front attached) fill it with dirt or other heavy debris for added front traction. Works for me.

Thanks everyone for the great info. You have helped me decide that I need to take a step up from the subcompacts into the 30 to 40 hp range. The tractor will be used for small food plots under an acre. I am not going to try and push trees over with it or rip large stumps out of the ground. I just want to plow up areas with lots of small roots. There are limitations on the tractor because I can't get a large tractor into these areas. I also have to cross a bridge which can handle light vehicles. A friend of mine drove across it in a mid 90's dodge dakota so it can handle up to 3500lbs. I won't drive over it in my tahoe. I could re-inforce it to get it to handle maybe 5000lbs but its only 7.5 ft wide and I cannot do anything about that. It need 4wd because I have to take it through some areas that depending on the season can be pretty swampy. The clearance on the subcompacts concerns me as well because I will be crawling around in the woods and swampy areas with it. I am definitely leaning towards John Deere, Kubota, Massie Ferguson, or Mahindra.

Try buying 50s and 34s for a 7215r. I hope I sell the tractor before it requires new tires. 18.4x42 aren't cheap.

I had radial Firestone 18.4-38s way back in the 80s. They didn't offer a direct replacement for the R3s, but there is a local dealer who was very knowledgeable and found the correct sized radial tires by looking at the actual tire dimensions.

The Europeans have us bested in radial technology when it comes to tractor tires, they will eventually retire bias ply ag/equipment tire technology, they will save money on not having to maintain several types of material for the various compounds.

Thanks everyone for the great info. You have helped me decide that I need to take a step up from the subcompacts into the 30 to 40 hp range. The tractor will be used for small food plots under an acre. I am not going to try and push trees over with it or rip large stumps out of the ground. I just want to plow up areas with lots of small roots. There are limitations on the tractor because I can't get a large tractor into these areas. I also have to cross a bridge which can handle light vehicles. A friend of mine drove across it in a mid 90's dodge dakota so it can handle up to 3500lbs. I won't drive over it in my tahoe. I could re-inforce it to get it to handle maybe 5000lbs but its only 7.5 ft wide and I cannot do anything about that. It need 4wd because I have to take it through some areas that depending on the season can be pretty swampy. The clearance on the subcompacts concerns me as well because I will be crawling around in the woods and swampy areas with it. I am definitely leaning towards John Deere, Kubota, Massie Ferguson, or Mahindra.
Take a look at new Holland I love mine what you want to do is exactly what I've been doing here for 18 years I did not have a tractor until 2013 though. You mentioned ground clearance be sure not to get a belly tank my fuel tank is up high behind the seat

Take a look at new Holland I love mine what you want to do is exactly what I've been doing here for 18 years I did not have a tractor until 2013 though. You mentioned ground clearance be sure not to get a belly tank my fuel tank is up high behind the seat
I mistakenly left New Holland off that list. Its definitely a consideration. Now I just have to find a tractor in one of those brands that meet my requirements and budget that isn't old and abused.

Im in home construction.The thing with a tractor bucket is not optimal for stumps.Small hoe or excavater so much easier.Friend has one for his tractor.I have one for my skid steer.The bigger roots just clear a bit and cut with chains,old chain equiped.Saves alot of time

I use a John Deere 320 skid steer. I can do a lot of digging with the forks pushed together.
It weighs close to 10,000 so you might need a bigger trailer.