Compact tractor?

Im in home construction.The thing with a tractor bucket is not optimal for stumps.Small hoe or excavater so much easier.Friend has one for his tractor.I have one for my skid steer.The bigger roots just clear a bit and cut with chains,old chain equiped.Saves alot of time
I don't have one but I have been looking at a stump bucket it is only three feet wide at the top goes down to about a foot at the very front with teeth on it for ripping roots and popping up stumps or trans-planting small trees

A wise person told me when looking for small tractors (30-50 hp) the First thing you should look at is the weight, the heavier the better. Light weight tractors lack durability. I've had a Kioti 30 hp and it was a little beast. Put a 6' tiller on the 3 point and it provides decent ballast to keep the rear end down when loading the front end loader. I bought it used, It had over 2,000 trouble free hours on it when I got rid of it. I've got a 45hp Bobcat with a cab now, bought used, which is made by the same company as Kioti, very satisfied with it. Lots of hours tilling food plots and running bush hog, and in the winter I use it for snow removal with a big blower.

I also recommend the Bobcat. I bought mine new in 2008 to assist me in timber framing my barn. A 450 CT with bucket and pallet forks and rear tires filled. The first comment I got about it was, "dang, that thing's beefy!" It wasn't until I filled a trash can with concrete with a tube stuck through it and put it on the 3 point hitch that I could really start getting the most out of the loader. I'm sure there are people out there who only do what the manual says and always stay well within the limits, etc... but I have coaxed that tractor to do some pretty amazing and unlikely things. It punches way above its weight!

Recent Posts