Compact builds for hunting

cowyfremas

I've been dreaming up a build for awhile now and wonder if anybody has something similar. I'm thinking for deer and antelope mostly.
any 6.5-277 caliber shooting 140-160gn 2600-2900 out of a 18-20" proof carbon, suppressed. Some sort of shorter friend chassis or fiber stock. Lightweight optic. (I've gone a few years with a 16 power on my rifles and shoot 1000 plus just fine.) run it off a tikka action with two piece matched rings and no picatinny base..keep it all sub 7lbs.

if you have something like this. Fill me in on the pros and cons. Is it as useful as I think it would be? I need something I can whip around off hand quick as drawing a sidearm.

3A2A2109-0BA3-4C1F-8AEB-E557C5065121.JPEG

I built two of these. This one above is chambered in 223 Ackley Improved. The second one is identical with just different colored stock/cerakote. The second is chambered in 6.5 creedmoor. Both sport 20'' proof sendero lights, tikka actions, Mcmillan game scout edge fill stocks, hawkins hybrid rings topped with leupold vx5-HD's. Both weigh in right at 7 lbs. 14 ounces.

They balance extremely well with a can!

The shorty creed slings 143 ELDX @2680 FPS. It accounted for 2 deer and an elk this year. I have no use for long barrels!

View attachment 243611

I built two of these. This one above is chambered in 223 Ackley Improved. The second one is identical with just different colored stock/cerakote. The second is chambered in 6.5 creedmoor. Both sport 20'' proof sendero lights, tikka actions, Mcmillan game scout edge fill stocks, hawkins hybrid rings topped with leupold vx5-HD's. Both weigh in right at 7 lbs. 14 ounces.

They balance extremely well with a can!

The shorty creed slings 143 ELDX @2680 FPS. It accounted for 2 deer and an elk this year. I have no use for long barrels!
That thing is sick... what are your shooting out of the creed?

We just finished a build very similar to what you're looking for. It's a 20" Proof barrel but this one is chambered in .308 Win. It's super handy and the rifle weighs 5.75lbs without the scope. Total package would be around 8lbs with a suppressor and scope.View attachment 243614View attachment 243616
Is that a McMillan stock then? I'm surprised that rifle weighs only 5.75

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.