Comments please on Burris Veracity scopes

Far North Hunter

I'd appreciate any user based experiences on the Burris Veracity line of scopes. Comments on glass, tracking, distortion at higher magnification and any other likes or concerns.
Some attractive prices out there at the present on new veracity variables.
Thanks for our experiences.

I'm a Burris fan, have had several older models and still have a Signature 8x32 as a go-to bench/test scope. I compared a Burris Veracity to a Sightron STAC at the dealer last week - bought the Sightron as it appeared clearer and more eye relief range for less money. YMMV

I'd appreciate any user based experiences on the Burris Veracity line of scopes. Comments on glass, tracking, distortion at higher magnification and any other likes or concerns.
Some attractive prices out there at the present on new veracity variables.
Thanks for our experiences.
I have mine since 2014 (https://www.longrangehunting.com/th...riflescope-w-ballistic-e1-ffp-reticle.130833/) and very pleased with it. I do not know the difference with the newer version, but I do not have any issues thus far.

I am not a high end glass guy, but from what have seen with mine they are a great value for the money. I like the Veracity better than my Vortex HSLR 6x24x50FFP.

I bought a 3-15 Veracity used/like new because Burris has a lens shortage right now and there isn't a new one anywhere. Its glass is no better than my 4.5-14 Fullfield II --- which is to say it was severely disappointing. It feels solid, turrets feel great, and seems to be built very well over all though. I sent it back to Burris for them to take a look at it, and I can report back when I get it if you're interested. I'm a long time Burris fan and I have recommended them countless times. They'll loose me forever if they send it back and say it doesn't have a problem. Veracity scopes cost 4x as much as the Fullfield II. Completely unacceptable to have the same quality glass.

Last edited:
I like Burris and like their warranty even better! Have a lot of the higher end Nikons, but since they reneged on their warranty they are trash when they die.

I've owned a 3-15, 4-20, and a 5-25. The 5-25 has too much magnification, not very clear at the highest levels. The 3-14 and 4-20 were both plenty good for their purpose. Tracking was excellent, never had a problem with any of them. The 4-20 is still on a very accurate .264 WM that I sold to a friend, the 3-15 is on my sons .270.

Overall, great scopes for the money.

I had the Veracity and the XTRII, both were unclear at high magnifications. I was at the range one day with a guy that had both Nightforce and Leupold (do not recall models) but they were both clear compared to my Burris. I ended up getting rid of both of them.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.