come up MOA

bob4

Hello all, 1st post here although I've been reading from here for sometime now.
I know this has been covered here a bunch but I just want to be sure I have my head wrapped around it correctly.
In the screen shot below. My scope does 1/4 MOA/100 yds. So for every 1. come up in MOA I use 4 clicks higher ? So for say 300 yds it says 2.3, that would be 8-9 clicks?
dope.jpg

If your scope comes up 1/4 moa per click 1 click would bring you up .25 inch's at 100 yds, or 2.5 inch's at 1000 yds. If you needed to go up 5 1/2 MOA you would need to make 22 clicks.

At 300 yds, yes 2.3 MOA would be 9 clicks, because 9 clicks would bring your POI up 2.25 MOA.

Hello all, 1st post here although I've been reading from here for sometime now.
I know this has been covered here a bunch but I just want to be sure I have my head wrapped around it correctly.
In the screen shot below. My scope does 1/4 MOA/100 yds. So for every 1. come up in MOA I use 4 clicks higher ? So for say 300 yds it says 2.3, that would be 8-9 clicks?
dope.jpg

Don't think in clicks, keep it MOA, and 1/4 MOA, rounding up or down to the next click.

So for say 300 yds it says 2.3, that would be 8-9 clicks?

Getting directly to your question:
Your 300 yard adjustment for 2.3 MOA would be 9 clicks (2.25 MOA)
It is easier for some to think in terms of MOA by looking at the turret and understanding that the long line markings represent 1 MOA. The shorter lines each represent .25 MOA. So rotating the turret, for example, three "long line markings (which equals 12 of the shorter lines or twelve "clicks") for 3 MOA then adding two of the shorter line spaces will give you a 3.5 MOA adjustment.
With a little bit of practice it comes naturally.
When using a ballistics calculator, try to always use the G7 BC standard for scenar (long tapered) bullets. The Hornady calculator will do the math using G7 BC factors only in the advanced mode.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.