Colorado voted to reintroduce wolfs

I lived and worked in the far northeast corner of Washington state for several years after the states communists got wolves reintroduced. Wolves breed uncontrollably, with a few years there were easily 10 times more wolves than the DNR would admit too.

Elk populations crashed, they killed hundreds of sheep in one area over the course of a few months, they killed dozens of cows near where I lived. Tracks and scat were found in town and around homes near town. In one area where I hunted, the first night I camped out there I heard several groups of wolves howling ands moving within a mile of my camp in three different directions, far more than the one, six animal pack the state claimed inhabited the area.

While I hunted that area, a 2-3 year old moose literally bedded down within 100 yds of my truck camper for the six days I was there. He followed me, grazed and bedded where ever I set up for deer and seemed quite happy to have safety for a few days. While wolf activity was heard and seen the first afternoon and night, once the wolves knew we were their they departed the area, we began to see animals.

Release wolves in the area surrounding Denver and Boulder first, then elsewhere. It's only fair.

All of the wolf loonies have made **** sure that none of those majestic animals will be released on the eastern slope, just the western side, imagine that. They don't realize that just because they put them in an area, they aren't going to stay, maybe they have trained them do sit, stay, and fetch. It is only a matter of time before they have infested every mountain ski town where all the rich "know it all's" live and play, then the front range;) But as soon as that happens, it will be fish and games fault, not theirs. But at least they were thoughtful enough to give us on the western side another target of opportunity. It amazes me that the state officials DO NOT see the huge financial impact this will bring, It's kind of like the Red Flag Law, which cost's the taxpayers $120,000 for each and every case that is brought to the courts and there has been 73 since jan, so if my math is correct, that equates to $8,670,000 of our dollars. So are any of the wolf advocates going to pony up any $$$, Hell no they won't, it will be left up to the sportsman of the state by increased license fee's, etc, etc. Start making the sprocket jockey's get a tag for their bikes, like we have to get for our atv's, sxs's, boats, etc. There is no one with any common sense left to make any kind of decisions, it is sickening to say the least.

I here ya brother. We have Crestone nearby. Wait until the wolves have replaced the coyotes, they won't be so cute. It's just a matter of time for them to multiply and spread. I have talked to a couple of people that voted for it, they thought it would bring back a natural and complete eco system. When I explained the real impact they regretted voting yes. I think we missed the best opportunity to educate the people.

Most of the liberals think the world is one big Disney animated film where animals, insects, reptiles and vegetation laugh, dance and cry. If an animated film of roaches is released the liberals will want to ban the killing of 'innocent' roaches.

I recall when Disney produced wildlife documentaries of the life of African plains animals complete with lions catching and devouring its prey. Crocs pulling wildebeest into the river while it was thrashing wildly trying to escape. Those were the days.

I can point out a few obvious paradox.
The same people who often want to reintroduce wolf are the ones that go against hunting, because it is animal cruelty.
If humans regulate game population it happens with an degree of animal suffering, but not even close to the suffering wolfs cause there pray.
Humans are the only predator that try to kill it's pray without stress or pain.
Someone here has decided to reintroduce wolf because it was natural once, but they are against wildboar because they are causing decease and destroy fields, but they where once natural too. There is huge amonts of bone found in stoneage setlements.
Cherrypicking I guess.

When I was growing up, my father refused to let my mother let us watch Bambi. He always told me, Walt Disney was the father of the animal rights movement. He did not know how to articulate it, but as I became older and more informed, I recognized the big problem with Disneys' anthropomorphic characters.
Because of BambI, Goofy, Mickey Mouse etc, the uniformed among us believe animals have the same feelings and emotions as humans. I've seen firsthand innumerable times that wild undomesticated animals do not perceive pain nowhere near they way we do.
Ive had it with uninformed people trying to tell me how cruel it is to hunt and kill an animal.
Every last one of them are hypocrites...imho

Stupid people strike again. Why do the citiots get to vote on stuff that's only going to be affecting rural areas? They need to sit down and watch some videos of how wolves attack cattle, sheep, and elk calves and see if they still want them released. Of course most of them vegans and want to push that ridiculousness on the rest of us too. I think it was only going to be a matter of time before wolves were in CO naturally. But stupid humans decide it needs to be sooner than later.

When I was growing up, my father refused to let my mother let us watch Bambi. He always told me, Walt Disney was the father of the animal rights movement. He did not know how to articulate it, but as I became older and more informed, I recognized the big problem with Disneys' anthropomorphic characters.
Because of BambI, Goofy, Mickey Mouse etc, the uniformed among us believe animals have the same feelings and emotions as humans. I've seen firsthand innumerable times that wild undomesticated animals do not perceive pain nowhere near they way we do.
Ive had it with uninformed people trying to tell me how cruel it is to hunt and kill an animal.
Every last one of them are hypocrites...imho
I do let my daughters watch bambi, but I also let them know it is fiction. She can watch Bambi in the afternoon and watch me skinn a deer in late evening. Asking questions like only a pre school kid can do. I answer the best I can. We both agree we should feel sorry for the deer, but they would face and even more cruel death in wild.
I think disney is harmfull if it is presented as fact without getting balanced out.
I have never seen any evidence that wild creatures suffer any less that us, but they don't have the mental capacity to reflect upon there pains and there actions. If animals where able to controll there own population trough family planing and arange for medical assistance when there time is up like we can instead of be torn apart by predators I would find it hard to argue against the vegans, but so far the animals have not evolved to this point.
The worst hypocrites are vegans owning cats or dogs.

It is unfortunate that the largest number of voters in our state live in the concrete jungle and have no clue how life really works, as was stated before, they live a fictional life. I have talked to the local fin and feather officers who are disgusted with the decision and have actually contemplated quitting the job that they love just because of the "citiots" as stated above, which by the way is HILARIOUS!!! As a lifetime resident, other than my stint in the navy, i have seen the influx and influence of the city people running away from what they hate but insist on having the exact same way, and insist on us being the same way, hence the hypocrisy. The county i live has been slowly eaten up by said hypocrites for the last 20-25 yrs and there are no signs of it slowing down. These are the same people who ride their bikes in, around, and thru the hunting area's and then yell at us for being unsafe. So be careful about giving your hard earned $$ to CALIRADO in the near future to hunt anything but wolves because that's all that will be available.

Just read an interesting article today.
Was a woman that had grown up in a hunting family and used to go with her grandfather from an early age. Not only did she give her own kids the same experiences, but she did so on a ducumentary on national TV.
We can say the response from the animal rights groups was not of the positive sort.
She later meet them for an debate and they had an intelectual debate and after she has voiced her experiences and her reasons she got there respect and understanding even they did not become fans of hunting.
Some of us has moved so far from nature that we do not understand it.
If someone has a master in biology they for sure has something to bring into a debate regarding wildlife conservation, but I feel that lots of people who involve themselves are influencers with a youtube channel and not a propper job, hairstylists or a master in international law. I find most people will understand if they are willing to listen and they are provided with rational arguments.
I don't link to the article since it is in Norwegian

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.