Colorado Senate

wackinandstackin243

I was under the impression that politics not concerning our right to bear arms was frowned upon here. I was just curious why an ad was appearing bashing Cory Gardner's views on abortion and birth control

The reason this ad concerns me is as a Colorado resident I know that Udall (Gardner's opponent) was not gun friendly. When Obama was pushing gun control in 2013 I had personally received an Email from Udall stating that 90% of Americans suported Obama's gun control efforts. 90% of Americans was a completely false figure because I dont know anybody who was polled or anybody that supported Obama's efforts. If nothing else Udall is a current member of congress and they have a terrible approval rating.

I am not endorsing Cory Gardner in any way shape or form, but I know that a vote for Udall is voting against my right to bear arms. Why was that ad here and who is paying for it?

I am sure you also noticed how cowardly silent democrat hunters and shooters were when not only Obama but the CO state government attacked our right to bear arms. I cant help but think it is hypocrisy when people vote for anti gun presidents and then clutter up the hunting app. process and hoard ammo and components. I noticed it in Conejos and I can guess you saw it in Saguache as well. I never knew just how liberal CO had become until 2012.

that's is typical, sad to say..... the "silent majority" is the good, hard working, everyday citizens who dont want to speak out for fear they wont be considered "cool".... lets just hope they will go to the polls come November.

And I will say this, regardless of what the moderators think.... We as gun owners and shooters had better wake up to the fact that there is only one political party in this country that stands up for our 2nd amendment rights. If you want to see more of this kind of the camels nose getting under the tent, just keep voting for the party that stands for abortion, open borders, legalizing MJ, socialized medicine, etc etc.... I think you can get my drift. AJ

That is exactly how I feel about Udall. I still can't see how an ad paid for by the senate majority PAC found its way to a hunting website. I looked into this group and their #1 priority is to hold a democrat majority and is putting up big bucks for vulnerable democrat senators. A vote for Udall is a vote for Reid, Feinstein, and Obama too.

I was under the impression that politics not concerning our right to bear arms was frowned upon here. I was just curious why an ad was appearing bashing Cory Gardner's views on abortion and birth control

You are correct. I wish that ad had not run as it is against policy. However, the LRH site is supported by ads and some of the ads are placed on LRH by sub-networks. Third parties run these sub-networks and I have much less control over them.

I have never seen the ad you refer to. It could even be that this particular ad which is against your own personal views appeared only to persons on LRH that had recently visited sites that had views opposed to the ad. This is called "interest related" ads.

Thank you Len for the reply. I really was curious if many other people had seen the ad. I also see many ads for Colorado lottery as well so I suspected that people from other states were seeing other ads.

I did not see the ad. I do do know a few democrat hunters. They are mostly uninformed low information voters. They vote democrat because their in a union and the union told them how to vote. In the past year or so I have heard a couple complain about obama. This people are from Colorado also, but I'm sure there's millions more just like them across the country. Cory Gardner has my vote.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts