Colorado residents...please help w/ license ?'s

Dan B

Colorado residents...please help w/ license ?\'s

OK...I got a punch in the gut today when I found out I could not buy a Late Season (Nov 15-19) Cow Tag or either sex tag. Super bummed! However I just talked to someone rather informed about the state licensing process and he tells me not to worry yet.

He told me to buy a bull only tag...and that these are not unit specific. They can be bought at any store in the state or online or by phone.

OK...here lies the problem. When buying online or by phone you have to have a hunt code. What is the hunt code for a bull only, late season license?? Do I need a hunt code...or what do I ask for in the way of a license...or do I just walk into Wally-Mart and buy it when I arrive? I can not seem to find it anywhere!! Help!!

This is directly to long range hunting...as I am having a gun built RIGHT NOW by our own Kirby Allen just for this trip!!

Re: Colorado residents...please help w/ license ?\'s

1ST and 4th rifle seson in CO. are draw only. my son that live's in colorado springs said there are alot of left over tags this year they go on sale the 18th check the DOW website and you might find something your looking for but the site is hard to navigate good luck on your hunt

call cdow at 303-297-1192 you may be on hold for 5 or 10 minutes but you can get it from the horses mouth. here is left over list I just bought one for area 3,4,5, 301,441,(cow)
http://wildlife.state.co.us/hunt/BigGame/pdf/leftover.pdf

that 15th to 19th season is 4th season not the late season
you can get them online or call cdow.
I think the code for 3rd season unlimited bull tags is
E-M-000-U3-R (Nov 4th-10th) there is not 4th season unlimited bull tags)
But call dow and talk to them and by a leftover tag (cow tag 4th season while supplies last, you need to know what area you are hunting to see if ther is any tags for that area avalible) while
you have them on the phone.
Good luck!

The licence went on sale the 8th the web sight is updated every hr (hopefully) as tags are bought thr list dwindles down.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.