Colorado Outfitters

Allen Kitts

I am looking for information on outfitters in Colorado for a couple of guys from Florida to go on there first elk hunt. They don't have any points but want to get started with an elk hunt and would prefer a backcountry hunt with wall tents etc.

Any info that could be shared with me on good reliable outfitters would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for information on outfitters in Colorado for a couple of guys from Florida to go on there first elk hunt. They don't have any points but want to get started with an elk hunt and would prefer a backcountry hunt with wall tents etc.

Any info that could be shared with me on good reliable outfitters would be greatly appreciated.
Me and a few friends have hunted with John Papierski of Craig a couple times. Although this isn't a back country hunt. John has some good private properties and you receive a landowner tag with your hunt. High success especially in the later part of the season with the migration and being pushed off public land.

Back Country Outfitters - Pagosa SPrings
Back country hunt, about 2 1/2 hour ride in to base camp, use horses to travel to different hunting areas, then hunt on foot all day. I haven't hunted with them in few years but wall tents, base camp, cook tent etc were top notch. I would contact some of their past clients to see how they fared.

Last edited:
Me and a few friends have hunted with John Papierski of Craig a couple times. Although this isn't a back country hunt. John has some good private properties and you receive a landowner tag with your hunt. High success especially in the later part of the season with the migration and being pushed off public land.
What is the name of his outfitting service?

Back Country Outfitters - Pagosa SPrings
Back country hunt, about 2 1/2 hour ride in to base camp, use horses to travel to different hunting areas, then hunt on foot all day. I haven't hunted with them in few years but wall tents, base camp, cook tent etc were top notch. I would contact some of their past clients to see how they fared.
Thank you we will contact them!

BTW a few days in Pagosa Springs at 7,100 ft is really nice place to get some altitude acclimation while enjoying yourself!