Colorado muzzleloader Bull

dodgefreak8

Figured it was time to share the pics of my 6x6 bull I got while muzzleloader hunting here in Colorado. Shot it opening night at 115 yards with 100gr of triple 7 and a 350gr hornady FPB. Bugled it in while cow calling in a spike bull. I didn't even know this guy was in the area. We also had a bull bugle 10yrds from our tent at 5am one morning. He was heading towards another bull in a draw not to far from our camp. I don't think he ever knew our camp was there lol. Really one of the best hunts I've been on

Great job! One of the few things that I like about Colorado, is that you still cannot use sabots and scopes on muzzle loaders.

You are the only pic poster on any forum that I have ever seen that uses the FPB bullets. I love those things and I have never recovered one from a deer. I usually use 90 grains of 777, but I recently switched to Alliant Black and I like it even better.

I just shot a white-tailed doe at a bit over 100 yards a few days ago. The deer was angling toward me more than I thought and the bullet entered the shoulder and exited in front of the opposite hip. I hope they never quit making them.

Thanks guys! Actually here in Colorado the fbp use to be illegal because it was too long. Colorado finally got rid of that law. I was very pleased with the accuracy and performance of this bullet. My bull only took 3 steps and fell over dead. I have never been happy with the terminal performance of power belt bullets. I love that we have the no scope and sabot rule but sometimes these rules really make it hard to guarantee a humane kill.

I will never shoot another Powerbelt bullet except maybe a solid. I have seen them fail too many times. I just killed another doe white-tailed deer last night with the FPB. It never fails to perform.

It was good that Colorado relaxed the laws on bullet length. Somebody finally wised up and saw that the longer bullets penetrate better and make for cleaner kills. I hope they don't change the scope laws, though. It has kept that season somewhat primitive at least.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.