Colorado Elk OTC DIY??

asg1485

Looking into a DIY OTC trip. Unit 521 has been mentioned by friends who have had sucess multiple years in a row during bow season.

We have a 4 man group. Really prefer to rent a cabin/ bed and breakfast type facility.
2 guys will be driving a week ahead and scouting/etc. my hunting partner and myself will fly in. Only the two of us doing the shooting.

We are not hell bent in Colorado, but an otc tag is what we are after. Really want to air out the rifles. A giant bull would be nice, but not really a goal for the trip!

Even a cow would be a sucesss.
Any leads for outfitters that offer shelter and maybe a meal? 2nd season best?

Open to sugestions.
Thx

Pick out a couple of units you like as far as population, terrain whatever your needs are and post up an add on Craigslist in the largest town in that unit. You will get some responses for sure. I would also recommend you contact the CO in that unit and he can also assist. They are great resources available to you that nit too many hunters utilize. Any local "shopper" type newspapers int he area you want to hunt will also help.

Pick out a couple of units you like as far as population, terrain whatever your needs are and post up an add on Craigslist in the largest town in that unit. You will get some responses for sure. I would also recommend you contact the CO in that unit and he can also assist. They are great resources available to you that nit too many hunters utilize. Any local "shopper" type newspapers int he area you want to hunt will also help.

Thanks. Something else i found searching was VRBO.
Quite a few cabins to choose from.
Ill dive into craigslist as well!

I spoke with an outfitter from the area you mentioned (521) at the Arkansas Big Buck Classic last weekend. He has cabins for rent or guided hunts.
Bear Creek Hunting Adventures
Drew Brakken @ 720-329-7530

Keep in mind that I don't know this dude and only spoke with him for about 5 minutes. Am I recommending him? No, I'm just passing on some info to hopefully help you in your search.

I spoke with an outfitter from the area you mentioned (521) at the Arkansas Big Buck Classic last weekend. He has cabins for rent or guided hunts.
Bear Creek Hunting Adventures
Drew Brakken @ 720-329-7530

Keep in mind that I don't know this dude and only spoke with him for about 5 minutes. Am I recommending him? No, I'm just passing on some info to hopefully help you in your search.

Hey. Thanks a lot

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts