• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Colorado Elk Hunts Available

QuietHunter

An Outfitter I know and highly reccomend has last minute openings for this fall's elk season.

These are fully guided and outfitted hunts for trophy elk. Success rates are very high (close to 100 percent from what I have seen). These ARE NOT penned, high fenced or anything else like that. They are hunted on private land but they are public, free-roaming elk.

Hunts are in Colorado and New Mexico on the border so you could hunt either one depending on the tag.

I believe the hunts begin on October 16th and prices start a $5000 for fully guided and outfitted hunts. This is a great deal and a big discount. It is not a hunt for a raghorn or cow, it is a real trophy hunt in one of the best areas of Colorado. For a resident (me) it takes 14 years to get enough preference points to hunt nearby these ranches.

Anyway, Contact Darrel Gilks [email protected] or call him
(970) 249-6375
Cell (970) 209-0900

He is not great on a computer so while email works you may be better off calling him.

[ 09-12-2004: Message edited by: QuietHunter ]

Not sure if anyone from here has contacted Darrel.
I have helped out on these hunts and can tell you this is a great deal.
This type of country lends itself to long range hunting. Most moving around is done by pickup truck so getting the required gear in and setup is no to hard. If you would like I can see about being your guide / spotter.
Last year I had a hunter across an open valley from a huge 7x7 bull. I would not let him shoot because it was 550 yards and it was obvious this guy did not have what it takes to make that kind of shot. He ended up with a pretty 6 point.