Colorado Elk Hunting

surgeon260

I thought the like minded folks here might appreciate this. I've managed to accumulate a few elk rifles now, but this is what I'm taking out this year for a third season Colorado bull.

This is my custom Gradous 28 Nosler, which is even more of a treasure to me after he passed this year. The heart is a Surgeon 1086, which Robert opened up to accept CIP magazines. Manners EH1, Proof 28" 1-8 twist, Huber 2-stage, TBAC brake for my 338 Ultra.

I am shooting 180 grain Berger Target Hybrids at 3185 with Nosler brass, Fed 215, and N570. It shoots one hole at 200 yards.

My hunt this year is dedicated to Mr. Gradous. Wish me luck!

IMG_20201025_162530.jpg

IMG_20201025_162607.jpg

IMG_20201025_162553.jpg

First. Beautiful rifle, its a piece of art. Second, check out the area you're hunting as Colorado has shut down some areas to access because of the fires. Best of luck to you

Good luck!!

I'm headed to NM end of the week myself for elk. I'll be toting my 338 ATUC/Warthog Robert spun up for me.

First. Beautiful rifle, its a piece of art. Second, check out the area you're hunting as Colorado has shut down some areas to access because of the fires. Best of luck to you

Thanks for the heads up. I'm headed to unit 54 outside Gunnison. I think it's been spared the recent fires.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.