Colorado Elk Hunt Sitka or Kuiu or First Lite

I have various items from kuiu and first lite. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. That being said I have kuiu zip off, base layer, merino pants and zip off down pants that I wouldn't trade for anything. The zip offs are great because you don't have to take off your boots when shedding layers. Also google search the average forecasted weather for the area you will be hunting and then chose layers that work with each other.

Just wore my corrugate foundry on a Oct MT hunt. 18-50deg temps. I thought they were perfect.

I typically had a pair of fuse base layer pants under and that kept me good with vents open for almost all temps and zipped up glassing down to below freezing without issue. Below about 25 I needed puffies over.

They are surprising waterproof as well. Lots of snow and wet grass and they did pretty good.

I was really impressed.

Just wore my corrugate foundry on a Oct MT hunt. 18-50deg temps. I thought they were perfect.

I typically had a pair of fuse base layer pants under and that kept me good with vents open for almost all temps and zipped up glassing down to below freezing without issue. Below about 25 I needed puffies over.

They are surprising waterproof as well. Lots of snow and wet grass and they did pretty good.

I was really impressed.
What puffy were you using? I wear a lot of FL stuff, but never explored the puffy department as I am a midwestern deer hunter

I have first lite and kuiu. My nephew uses full Sitka. My cousin and kid full Kuiu.

I'm totally done with first lite and Steve Rinella. I feel he is a sell out to what I will not support. He is owned by Peter Chernin to the tune of 100 million so far and I won't make Peter Chernin one more penny if I can help it

My vote is kuiu then Sitka.

Most others have touched on it, but it doesn't matter what Camo or color your are using as long as you are comfortable and have the ability to layer appropriately.
personally my favorite articles are:

zip off thermal pants- I use first lites
a good light puffy (I use an arcteryx thorium hoody)
A good light rain shell (I use an arcteryx zeta)
Timberline pants are hard to beat, but any decent outdoor pant will do the trick, just have something dry to sit on
Dont discount good socks and good pair of warm boots if late season

One last tip of mine for late season- my hands always get cold, I have been through a dozen different mitts/gloves etc. Now I use a good hand muff strapped around my waist. I put a hothandz body heater patch in there each am and that thing is a little oven most of the day. I wear a cheap pair of military flyers gloves so I can use my hands and fingers as when they get cold I just put em in the oven.