Colorado elk draw

As a nonresident paying $100 for an elk point I also got deer and bear points. Are their even areas that require more than one bear point?

I'm really kicking myself for not using my head and getting a point for everything since I had to spend the $100. I was so focused on getting the elk thing right, I booger'd the rest of it up

You guys were right - not all the results were posted when I first looked. As it turned out I did draw my first choice. A Ranching for Wildlife cow tag over by Craig. Woohoo!!

I'm really kicking myself for not using my head and getting a point for everything since I had to spend the $100. I was so focused on getting the elk thing right, I booger'd the rest of it up

What unit(s) and season did you draw?

You're in a great area with lots of tough terrain. For the early season, you may camp at 11000 ft but yet still see them at 12+. I'd start by studying the San Juan NF maps.

You're in a great area with lots of tough terrain. For the early season, you may camp at 11000 ft but yet still see them at 12+. I'd start by studying the San Juan NF maps.

Have you hunted this area or live around there?
I was there last year (2nd rifle) and found several carcasses from earlier seasons. So, I know there are elk, I just don't know how much pressure there will be in the early season?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.