Colorado elk draw

I got moose preference point (only applied for PP)
Deer did not draw, PP awarded
showed a charge for $55.43 last night on the CC but so far no status on Elk draw on the website.

Edit - just got the email ... I drew my 3rd choice - either sex elk tag for 4th season GMU28

Last edited:
Go check again. Mine just posted within the last 15 min! Got first choice. Now the real work begins.
ugh-- I think Im about the most unlucky person there is---applied for deer, elk, bear and spring turkey and didnt get drawn for any of them (still waiting on the pronghorn results)--its not that I didn't get a tag--I just didnt get drawn at all --- was going for 1st season for all as I have plans in late oct/early nov that will conflict with both 2nd and 3rd season this year --- guess its just small game and fishing for me this year

ugh-- I think Im about the most unlucky person there is---applied for deer, elk, bear and spring turkey and didnt get drawn for any of them (still waiting on the pronghorn results)--its not that I didn't get a tag--I just didnt get drawn at all --- was going for 1st season for all as I have plans in late oct/early nov that will conflict with both 2nd and 3rd season this year --- guess its just small game and fishing for me this year
No OTC? Secondary draw tomorrow and leftover OTC, to come!

There's some choice leftover tags, if you get at them quick enough!

yes, I can look at the secondary, but I hate that they made it an altogether new draw this year just to get another $7/ application

No OTC for me as they are all 2nd/3rd season -- I either need 1st rifle or ML season to work with my schedule this year

you have a link to the leftover's for this year? I'll try to go take a peep

I could do archery, but I'd have to start practicing again as its been about 4 years since I pick up my bow-- plus archery takes more scouting to nail down where they are to get close-- work just doesnt allow much time for scouting, its already hard enough as it is

I did pick up a OTC spring turkey, but couldn't go as all campgrounds were closed so no place to stay as no turkey close to me (unless you have private land access)

its kinda cool for youngsters that they changed to the 2ndary draw this year as ALL minors get preference over ALL adults in the 2ndary draw--but it reduces the chances for adults---- and preference points are not valid, so no preference even if you have points

Last edited:
how do you find out what is available to apply for in the 2ndary draw?
OK-- just found out how its gonna be done-- applications only allowed From 6/5 to7/7 -- and they arent gonna post whats available to apply for until 6/5--I'll take a look to see whats left in a couple days I guess

left over list after the 2ndary draw gets posted the 1st of Aug -- doesnt allow much time to get ready for ML season

Where do you hunt in CO? It's my first year so I had 0 points and got drawn. It will be my second trip out west, and I hope to at least see or hear something this time around.

guess its a family thing-- my daughter didn't get drawn for any of her youth tags either --(hoping she at least gets her lope tag so she doesn't get discouraged) --definitely look into the 2ndary draw for her since she will have preference over adult tags --though I'm not too worried about her tag as we hunt private ranch land for lope and there seems to always be leftover OTC for that area

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.