Colorado elk draw

jasonco

LRH Team Member
Waiting on December cow, bull is always OTC. Granted a muzzle loader buck +1PP. Preference point for bighorn. Moose no draw. Still waiting for antelope rifle result?

Had bull backstrap and fries for lunch today!

T3ninja

I hunted 74 last year 2nd otc. It was a circus in the 3 trailheads I went to. Then I drove a ways to the next show at unit 77. It didn’t disappoint, plenty of circus activity there too. I’m hoping I draw a first season tag this year to avoid some of the insanity. !!

T3ninja

Has anyone hunted 77,78,771 for 1st rifle??? Or for bear? If I draw I plan to grab a bear tag. However I’ve never hunted bear and haven’t the first clue of how to hunt them!!

IanCo

Has anyone hunted 77,78,771 for 1st rifle??? Or for bear? If I draw I plan to grab a bear tag. However I’ve never hunted bear and haven’t the first clue of how to hunt them!!
A lot of glassing for bears. Find berries, acorns or carcass and water. It’s surprising how fast they can cover ground for looking like they’re going slow.

ShtrRdy

If I'm reading the results correctly, I did not draw the elk tag(s) I was requesting. Oh well. Another preference point and a better chance next year.

IanCo

Think colorado has just done bear, moose and deer as of now. And sheep and goat a month ago.

cohunt

Elk should be within the next 2 days, then pronghorn after that

Have not drawn deer in 7 years now, yet a co worker gets drawn about every other year???

jasonco

LRH Team Member
Elk should be within the next 2 days, then pronghorn after that

Have not drawn deer in 7 years now, yet a co worker gets drawn about every other year???
I was going for a point last year, I get a tag, no point?! I put in for point this year, I get a muzzle loader buck tag and a point!

Last edited:

IanCo

My credit card was charged $55 last night so that should be the elk tag.

jpfrog

LRH Team Member
I did not get any CC notifications...guess that means I get a point. I'm okay with that I suppose- I'm in terrible physical condition this year, lol.

Trending threads

Recent Posts

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce