Colorado Deer/NF Camping?

Sabot11

The web sites I have studied seem ambiguous about this question, so please be patient with a Colorado Newbie:

If I get drawn for a deer tag and want to hunt the national forest (or BLM for that matter) in my unit, what are the rules IN GENERAL about camping in the NF? I see that there are designated camp sites in some, and I understand the vehicle restrictions, but is there any reason that I can't take a forest service road into the NF and then camp just off of the road or ATV trail?

I am assuming you can camp pretty much anywhere, and I know to call the Forest office, but they are closed at the moment and I was looking for a simple answer.

Thanks!

In Colo you can camp about anywhere on BLM and NF unless otherwise posted with some restrictions on the the length of time you can camp in one spot.

The GPS Hunting Maps sold here in the LRH Store are highly recommended so you know the legal status of the land you are hunting and camping on.

Good Hunting!

Jack

Thanks! We are actually able to stay at a friend's home very close to the NF this year, but in the future would like to camp.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.