Colorado 4th season 2022

Out of all the rifles I've had, and I've had just about every caliber and combination you can imagine, this 300 wsm with the 200.20x is about as perfect a combo as I've found.

I didn't cut him open to see the damage. I did have to hit him twice. First shot broke his shoulder and exited front of opposite shoulder. He laid down but another deer got him up and I hit him again right at 1000yds, I can only assume it hit his heart as he only made it about 20yds before sliding to the bottom of the draw. First shot would have done the job but didn't want to chance it
Pic is the entrance of the 2nd shot

Attachments

• 0C54BC99-8D1E-4273-8B55-D23DCA612AFE.jpeg
    0C54BC99-8D1E-4273-8B55-D23DCA612AFE.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 61
Out of all the rifles I've had, and I've had just about every caliber and combination you can imagine, this 300 wsm with the 200.20x is about as perfect a combo as I've found.

I didn't cut him open to see the damage. I did have to hit him twice. First shot broke his shoulder and exited front of opposite shoulder. He laid down but another deer got him up and I hit him again right at 1000yds, I can only assume it hit his heart as he only made it about 20yds before sliding to the bottom of the draw. First shot would have done the job but didn't want to chance it
Pic is the entrance of the 2nd shot
Congratulations on Fine Mule Deer and kill shot .

Great Knife for skinning , Schrade "Old Timer - Sharp Finger" .
I have used one for 35 years and it can be sharpened to easily shave your face , if you have the calm nerves to use it for that task .

Wow that second shot really did some serious damage. Never seen a bullet skin one like that. 🤣
I'll have to try some of those. Great shot to hit him the second time as well at 1K. I'd say your rifle is pretty dialed in.

Recent Posts