Collars

I believe you can go to Garmin and download the owners manual to learn more about all the capabilities.
Personally, I am trying to figure out how to force the system to give all readouts in yards. Anything past 800-900 yards and it switches to fraction miles. I want to use it to set up some long range shots past what my laser range finder will reach.
You can call Garmin they are very helpful or there are tons of Utube videos

From Garmin: " To answer your question about the Alpha handhelds, they would only pair with a GPS collar of some kind. These collars include the TT 15/TT 15 mini and the T 5/T 5 mini. I hope this answers your questions. Please advise where you would like to go from here.

Thank you for choosing Garmin,
Patrick
Product Support
Garmin International
For 24-hour access to support videos, manuals, FAQs & more, visit the Support Center."

We run the garmin alpha 100 on our bear hounds . The regular tt15 collars will last from well before daylight to after sunset . The minis will last on average a good 12 hrs then they die. You can use tt 10 and tt15 with a garmin 320 tracker but there is no correction available. Also you have to change the track codes. A couple of guys we hunt with run these like that .
I know they have the alpha 200 out now and two of the guys we hunt with have them . They will update themselves as soon as they connect back to WiFi and after you put a track code for another collar in its in it until you remove it up to I believe 100 track codes. Where as with the 100 you can only keep 20 in it.

Another Garmin update:
"The Alpha 200i is not compatible with onX mapping cards. We do offer similar cards called HuntView Plus Mapping which gives a lot of the same information that onX does such as property lines and owner information. I will include a link to this mapping card below.

Thank you for choosing Garmin,
Patrick
Product Support
Garmin International
For 24-hour access to support videos, manuals, FAQs & more, visit the Support Center."

Looks like it's the 100 for me.

I run a Tri Tronic 500 or 550 now Garmin, and my kids run Garmin Delta's. I had to go to the Tri Tronic for a GSP I had who would range hard, and if you took your eye off him he was out of ear shot quick. Only way I could reach him was a good collar and the only one with the range no matter the terrain was the Tri Tronic. I dont need the range now but it works so darn good why the heck would I replace it?

I run the Sport Dog Tek 2.0 on my dogs and like it better than my buddies Garmin. I just like the collar antenna better on my Tek and the voice feature. They both seem to work the same when we hunt together. Just depends on what you like. For a non GPS collar I have been running the Dogtra T&B two dog system and really like it.