Cold Smoked Salmon and Whiskey

Here is our recipe, turns out really well.

Make sure to rinse it well after brining or it will be too salty.

Our preference after removing from brineis to place it on racks in the fridge overnight so the fish gets good pellicle. If timing doesn't work out we place it in racks with a fan blowing in it for a couple hours to get pellicle.

We use a digital Bradley and always use alder smoke

Enjoy
E612BE9E-2975-46F0-AC2B-208A910E26C1.jpeg

asd9055 said: "I use a pellet smoking tube. I only use it for cold smoking. I have regular smokers for traditional smoking"

Dang Nabit: You two just cost me $52 for an A-Maze-N smoker tray and 20 pounds of pellets. Not to mention the cost of a salmon. 🤑🤑🤑When I lived in Oxnard in the late *
When I lived in Oxnard 1980-86, we used to get our fresh fish at the Wharf but not sure if it is still there.

Asd9055 what kind of salmon was yours?

I am most likely limited to farm raised salmon or wild caught steel head from a grocery store.

First time I used sockeye, second time I used Atlantic...Sockeye was better
Typically farmed salmon is either dyed or the dye is added to their food to give them color, and some, not all, are genitically crossed with other fish/eels for rapid growth. Sockeye is all wild and the color and taste comes directly from their diet of krill and other zooplanktons along with herring/squid. The handling practices combined with RSW systems on our vessels have really improved the quality of the sockeye we catch along with the state of the art processing facilities owned by Trident,Ocean Beauty, and others. I sincerely thank you folks for supporting our industry, it's taken a lot of hard work to get to where we are now.

Typically farmed salmon is either dyed or the dye is added to their food to give them color, and some, not all, are genitically crossed with other fish/eels for rapid growth. Sockeye is all wild and the color and taste comes directly from their diet of krill and other zooplanktons along with herring/squid. The handling practices combined with RSW systems on our vessels have really improved the quality of the sockeye we catch along with the state of the art processing facilities owned by Trident,Ocean Beauty, and others. I sincerely thank you folks for supporting our industry, it's taken a lot of hard work to get to where we are now.
@Sockeye66 I think for that endorcement I just made, you at least ought to send me a couple of hundred punds of sockeye...I thnk that is how much @bigfishman 's recipe is calling for. Also, I don't think we have alder's in Texas so I would need a bundle of that as well.

@Sockeye66 I think for that endorcement I just made, you at least ought to send me a couple of hundred punds of sockeye...I thnk that is how much @bigfishman 's recipe is calling for. Also, I don't think we have alder's in Texas so I would need a bundle of that as well.
Can't help you out with the alder as I don't see that much in this part of Montana, but if you're headed north for an out of state hunt, PM me and we'll have a Sockeye BBQ complete with my wifes smoked salmon chowder and plenty for the road.