Cold feet??

savagelover

So can you tell me how to keep my feet warm while on stand? Tried the heated insoles and they were a waste of money..No idea how much I have spend on different socks and boots..Even those mickey mouse don't seem to help much.But then again being a diabetic makes a difference..Thanks for any advice..

Being diabetic myself I have found the battery operated heated socks are by far the best I've had been able to find.. Can't remember the brand I have but they cost me about $100 and run on 9 volt batteries and run a long time on low?

So can you tell me how to keep my feet warm while on stand? Tried the heated insoles and they were a waste of money..No idea how much I have spend on different socks and boots..Even those mickey mouse don't seem to help much.But then again being a diabetic makes a difference..Thanks for any advice..

I too am diabetic but I am one of the lucky ones as I do not get cold easily. I do not hunt on a tree stand or have any experience with the following items for your consideration ...

https://heaterbodysuit.com/product/the-heater-body-suit/

or

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZKP4E5W/?tag=lrhmag19-20

(A sleeping bag might work too! :cool:)

or overboot insulators ...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EAAOICG/?tag=lrhmag19-20

Last edited:
I know keeping your core warm helps keep the hands and feet warmer. Putting hand warmers on the small of your back does wonders for that. Kinda the best way to explain how to get them on the small of your back is basically a small fanny pack that holds a couple hand warmer packets.

This and a propane heater work pretty well!
C34BCBC4-6675-4EC9-9E1D-A827FEDFC3FF.jpeg

Attachments

• F0E38EFF-A1F1-4725-A6AC-29CF231D0B47.jpeg
    F0E38EFF-A1F1-4725-A6AC-29CF231D0B47.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 97
Yes, climb into a extra large sleeping bag,,, your whole body will enjoy the extra time spent staying warm.

Make sure you take a auto window cleaning bush to wipe your boots clean of snow,,, then get into the sleeping bag...

Keeping it as dry as possible...

Cheers from the North

A lot of you problem could be what you are standing on...
Are you in a tree stand with open air and steel....
Are you in a box bling on cold earth....
I could easily be on my way to diabetic as a few of my older siblings are living the life style.....
Don't where too tight of boots...use a pair of thin socks on your feet and a larger warmer pair over top...i wouldn't wear polypropylene in ers as it may cause you feet to get cooled...i did this just other day...went back to thin cotton and nice warm fuzzy woolies...
If you are in a tree stand try those big warmers wrapped in garbage bags to keep from getting wet.......
Good luck...let us know how things turn out.....

A lot of you problem could be what you are standing on...
Are you in a tree stand with open air and steel....
Are you in a box bling on cold earth....
I could easily be on my way to diabetic as a few of my older siblings are living the life style.....
Don't where too tight of boots...use a pair of thin socks on your feet and a larger warmer pair over top...i wouldn't wear polypropylene in ers as it may cause you feet to get cooled...i did this just other day...went back to thin cotton and nice warm fuzzy woolies...
If you are in a tree stand try those big warmers wrapped in garbage bags to keep from getting wet.......
Good luck...let us know how things turn out.....
You really don't want cotton

If you aren't hiking in a long ways liteweight cotton wont make you sweat....mine are actually athletic socks....are vented thru the tops to allow extra heat out.....
I have been hiking in about 2-3 miles a day....after today's rain...my feet were driest part of my body....but most of dampness I could feel everywhere was sweat from the hike...legs..torso...brow......

If you aren't hiking in a long ways liteweight cotton wont make you sweat....mine are actually athletic socks....are vented thru the tops to allow extra heat out.....
I have been hiking in about 2-3 miles a day....after today's rain...my feet were driest part of my body....but most of dampness I could feel everywhere was sweat from the hike...legs..torso...brow......
They're fine if you don't get them wet... but you're screwed if you do. Inevitably, there will come a time when they do get wet. Don't get me wrong... I do it too. But I'm aware of it. My choice of gear going down to the farm and hunting in the deer condo is waaay different than if I'm going on a week long pack in elk hunt. But the old saying that cotton kills, is said for a very good reason.

It sounds to me like the OP is fighting the wrong battle.. if he's spent a ton on various socks and boots and has done it right with those things. Then I would look at what's different. If you have diabetes and poor circulation anyway maybe it's the way and what you're sitting on further reducing circulation to the point that you could have a camp fire under your feet and they'd still be cold. I don't know what he's hunting out of or sitting on... but maybe try a different chair or pad under you. I'm thinking that it's possibly the position your seated and what you're sitting on that's causing the issue more than the equipment on your feet. I can sit on the couch for hours but 15-20 minutes on the toilet and I can't stand because there's no feeling in my feet! Maybe you're having a similar issue? I dunno... but it might be something to consider.

I recommend the hot hand brand for all body locations. I have tried other brands and they are ether to hot or don't last very long. In cold weather, I like to hunt without gloves and keep my hands in my jacket/coat pockets with a hot hands hand warmer in each. sometimes i place the larger warmers in the front pockets of my insulated coveralls for more body heat. And finally i use the toe warmers in my boots (They are self adhesive, and stick to your socks so they don't move around.

The nice thing about this product is that you can use them when and where you need to. I carry a few in my hunting bag and can activate them anytime I need them.

Here is a link to their site. I strongly recommend that you buy the hot hands Brand only. I have tried the others and they just didn't work very well.
https://hothands.com/

And no I don't own any of their stock !!!

J E CUSTOM

And a quick note on these style of warmers...
If you find that you need them towards the end of the day and feel that you are wasting them for a couple hours of warmth....put them into a ziploc...push the air out..seal it....they will shutdown and can be reused later.....i used some other day for about two hours..forgot they were in my gloves...pulled rhem out resealed them and used them yesterday day for 3 hours.......

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.