Cold Bore Challenge

I appreciate it. Anyone can be an expert on the internet. Speaking of.......so the 3 computers I have tried to use do not recognize the camcorder. I am assuming it is either the age of the unit vs the software of the computer or a USB port issue on the camcorder. At this point I will not use the unit again. Done with it. However, I would like to try and get the vid on a CD or something. Any suggestions?

I always learn so much from my misses. My hits only re enforce what i already know. I consider what your doing to be very difficult and educational and hats off to you for doing so sir. I look forward to the next one.

Yeah, I guess you could call it that.

I like to hunt coyote, and would like to hunt big game soon, I also have been getting into shooting competitions with my .308 So I figured this would help me learn to deal with conditions. And improve my over all skill as a marksmen gun)

I have gone to 3 "big boy" competitions in the last few months. First one there was like 40 people and i got 21st, 3rd one was 25 people and I got 6th, 3rd one there was 27 people and I got 4th.

I also shoot in one .22lr competition a month, and am currently in 1st place over all for the year.

I used to just say screw it im not going shooting today its windy. Now I go no mater what.

I just started doing that too. Yay some wind, time to be educated. If I can get the vid loaded you will see one dust plume go right I send second round the dust goes left.

I definitely do not want to hijack this thread but I sincerely believe the Burris Eliminator 3 will greatly help on this challenge if the rest of the components are up to the task. Temp stable powder, Seating depth all perfectly the same, brass the same and the barrel COMPLETELY stress relieved. The final and most important factor is the person behind the trigger. If this is not sincerely taken into consideration any and all testing will be tainted. I once had a gunsmith that was what I considered on of the best state that if he built one of his rifles with his "barrel stretcher" on it he could guarantee all cold bore shots. This was George Vais of muzzle brake fame. The Burris will simply take out all windage and range error from the day to day variences. Somthing a man can not do with consistency..

I definitely do not want to hijack this thread but I sincerely believe the Burris Eliminator 3 will greatly help on this challenge if the rest of the components are up to the task. Temp stable powder, Seating depth all perfectly the same, brass the same and the barrel COMPLETELY stress relieved. The final and most important factor is the person behind the trigger. If this is not sincerely taken into consideration any and all testing will be tainted. I once had a gunsmith that was what I considered on of the best state that if he built one of his rifles with his "barrel stretcher" on it he could guarantee all cold bore shots. This was George Vais of muzzle brake fame. The Burris will simply take out all windage and range error from the day to day variences. Somthing a man can not do with consistency..

Then he can bolt the gun to a bench and never learn anything, Burris eliminator, some pixie dust from George vias hell he should just stay home and play video games. The whole point in this kinda shooting is learning to shoot in all conditions when that first shot needs to count. Making the man more consistent not eliminating the man. To guarantee a gun to shoot an accurate cold bore and being able to shoot that cold bore shot are two very different things.

Then he can bolt the gun to a bench and never learn anything, Burris eliminator, some pixie dust from George vias hell he should just stay home and play video games. The whole point in this kinda shooting is learning to shoot in all conditions when that first shot needs to count. Making the man more consistent not eliminating the man. To guarantee a gun to shoot an accurate cold bore and being able to shoot that cold bore shot are two very different things.

Well said, and 1500 for a scope! man I could almost build another set up like I have for that! gun)lol

That depends on the size of the game... lol

NO wind 7-800 ish

With wind like I have been shooting in. 4-500 ish

What do you think after watching all 11 days? and be honest. :D

I think you need to be hunting with a caliber that's a little better for dealing with those winds that have been troubling you. But as far as this challenge goes, it's probably fun trying to figure it out. Just not sure, (if you were doing this to be better prepared for hunting season) if I would be practicing with the rifle you're using.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts