Cobin Dies for my .375 Allen Magnum..

jrivera1

After waiting about a year and a half, the dies are finally here for my .375 Allen Magnum Hunting Rifle. I still have about a year wait on the rifle, but now I have something to keep me busy until then.

Attachments

• IMG_4084.JPG
    IMG_4084.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_4076.JPG
    IMG_4076.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_4078.JPG
    IMG_4078.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_4081.JPG
    IMG_4081.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_4079.JPG
    IMG_4079.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4082.JPG
    IMG_4082.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 116
After waiting about a year and a half, the dies are finally here for my .375 Allen Magnum Hunting Rifle. I still have about a year wait on the rifle, but now I have something to keep me busy until then.

How many dies in your set,looks like 7 or 8 nice set up..

Thank you swagger62.

I am so excited to finally have receive them after all this time.

Here is my Die Set:

Jacket Reducing Dies - .405 to .375 / .020 walls
Jacket Trimming Dies
Core Swaging Dies - Dia. .295 Wire .275
Adjustable Core Seating Punch
RBT - 1 & 2
ULD Point Forming Dies
ULD (Tip Seating) Point Forming Dies
Ogive Serrator
Bullet Balls
Custom made storage cases and labels.

Thank you swagger62.

I am so excited to finally have receive them after all this time.

Here is my Die Set:

Jacket Reducing Dies - .405 to .375 / .020 walls
Jacket Trimming Dies
Core Swaging Dies - Dia. .295 Wire .275
Adjustable Core Seating Punch
RBT - 1 & 2
ULD Point Forming Dies
ULD (Tip Seating) Point Forming Dies
Ogive Serrator
Bullet Balls
Custom made storage cases and labels.

By the sound of your name, you might know a thing or two about swaging.lightbulb
Do you know if you can mix solid and powder form lead in one projectile?

Your set up very well with what you have you can be creative, I've at it for close to ten years. Corbin make some fine equipment I've been to his shop for a small shop i'ts top of the line. He sell's powdered metal equipment for swageing, do you mean bulding projo's with part powder & part lead ?

Your set up very well with what you have you can be creative, I've at it for close to ten years. Corbin make some fine equipment I've been to his shop for a small shop i'ts top of the line. He sell's powdered metal equipment for swageing, do you mean bulding projo's with part powder & part lead ?

No - I was thinking about filling the jackets with part solid and part powder lead. Do you know if there is such a thing as powder lead or is it wise to use being that it is harmful? I thought I saw it once on his site, but I couldn't find it a minute ago. Would I have to use a special bonding additive? Or just use tungsten.

The way I see it, you can make a standard (under sized) solid lead core and then pour in a more precise measurement of powder in search of a more consistent projo, just like reloading and gun powder.

Last edited:
This is the stand I built last year for a total weight of 300lb (stand and press)

Attachments

• MightyMite 6.jpeg
    MightyMite 6.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 125
  • MightyMite 2.jpeg
    MightyMite 2.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 103
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.