COating

The7mmSTW

looking for a company to coat my metal parts on my rifles, stainless steel isnt doing it for me, what coating companies have yall used, what types of coatings

I have 2 different coatings on rifles right now. I have cerakote and Birdsongs Green-T. The cerakote is tough but has a tendency to "scuff up" for lack of a better term. The green-t is a Teflon based coating that is very smooth and looks great but I just got the rifle back a few weeks ago so I can't tell you anything about durability yet. The green-t should be durable though, it is applied by Birdsong for a lot of military and FBI firearms.

How difficult was it to get a Birdsong coating(logistically)?
Did you get all metal done?

It wasn't difficult for me, my gunsmith and Birdsong are only about 15 miles apart. For those that aren't aware, Birdsong developed his coating himself and never sold his secret. His company is the only applicator. The only downside is that they do a lot of military and gov't contracts and they understandably put those at the front of the line. It took about 5 weeks for my rifle to be coated and I did have all metal coated. As soon as I mount my scope I will get some pics posted so you can check it out. It really is a good looking coating, I just hope it is durable!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.