CO - Gray Wolf Reintroduction eNews Edition

It's coming, the wolves will push themselves into areas where your pets, will be killed.
I looked briefly but can't find any hard numbers of pets killed by wolves. Bet it's a small amount, with lions and coyotes killing more. I know guys that have had lion dogs killed. But then again, they were in the wolves element. Wolves don't prowl the suburbs. 406muley

No doubt. He lives south of Houston and has for a long time. He'll travel to see family around the whitetail season. Sadly his mother passed away not long ago so he may not be up for awhile.
Sorry to hear that. I thought he was in Wisconsin. 406muley

You are all correct, this initiative should have never made it onto the ballot. They will be releasing them in all the wilderness areas of the western slope, but not a one will be set free on the eastern side where all the misinformed, emotional idiots who who voted for this travesty live. And you are also correct in the fact that the sportsman will be responsible for footing the bill, as always. This is just the left trying to stop all hunting, fishing, and trapping by eliminating all the animals that we as sportsman have help get to where they are now. The early estimates are in and it looks like the year of the release, CPW will need an additional $800,000 a yr for the wolves. I know it would be a long shot, but if the sportsman would boycott CALI-RADO for a yr or two and they can see the economical impact that this is going to have, maybe they dumb***** in charge would wake up.
Boycotting CO for hunting for a couple of years won't teach the idiots who voted for this anything. They don't care. We can't or don't hunt, they don't care. They might even celebrate. The CPW goes bankrupt because nobody hunts in the state, they still don't care. The best thing we can do is to put another initiative on the ballot that cancels this whole stupid plan.

How difficult to live trap and release in Vail? Steamboat Springs? Its not fair that ONLY the western slope areas get to "hear" wolf packs. That seems quite selfish not to "share" this wildlife across ALL the state.

In Michigan we now have wolves in lower part. Oh wait, biologist could not figure out wolves can walk across the ice. My bad. The small elk herd is now likely to become buffet at some point in time.
Correction....Boulder, Estes Park and Denver. Of course, seeing wolves chase skiiers down the mountain could prove to be entertaining!

The whole point is these are being forced upon us so I agree with half of your statement it is not the wolves fault I believe they should be killed as humanely as possible now the license and valid tag it's kind of the point of SSS
I got that, we have been dealing with this in Minnesota for decades now. My statement on licensed was applied per the conversation and in reference the the THIRD S. Telling the internet you are intending to gut shoot protected critters is the opposite of the 3rd S. Plausible deniability. The whole state of MN has had 3 counties of liberals shoveling crap down our throats since almost forever, so I understand completely how CO sportsmen feel about this.

Maybe we should video a pack tearing an elk cow and calf apart alive with HD video and Bose sound for the evening news to "share" with the libs. Be nice to show the reward of their "work".
Why? You have one? What good will it do? No different than a lion or bear doing it. 406muley

Maybe we should video a pack tearing an elk cow and calf apart alive with HD video and Bose sound for the evening news to "share" with the libs. Be nice to show the reward of their "work".
You know that sounds drastic but really it is not, we need to take more drastic measures to counteract what is going on. I think a video like that would prove a point and go a really long way sure some people would get upset but they are the ones that don't really care or don't hunt anyway!

Why? You have one? What good will it do? No different than a lion or bear doing it. 406muley
Actually there is a difference. They are there and the wolves are perceived as some beautiful entity that is magical disneylsnd character. Maybe we should include bears and lions to bring reality to the Disneyland perceptions. Of course we need to take the bib overalls off the bears first.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.