CO closes all state camping

cohunt

CO announced that right now, all state parks are open BUT all state campgrounds, playgrounds, picnic areas, dispersed camping, and all camping facilities at state parks and state wildlife areas are closed until further notice --refunds are available

Yuma county delayed its Turkey opening until May 2nd ( delayed 3 weeks)

I expect to see more of this everywhere--people didnt think it would affect hunting, but if you cant camp or travel then its going to start affecting it for sure. I expect boating to be restricted on reservoirs too, just hasnt happened yet.

Another issue with other states is they are issuing "stay inside/quarantine" orders for anyone traveling into their areas-- SO that means technically if you are traveling to one of those states, you have to go on your hunt 2 weeks early and stay inside before your hunt date --I can see these states doing a temporary ban on out of state hunters as most wont comply with the rules, some already have

As far as I know, right now you can still camp on federal land/national forest land/BLM land --it is just state land that no longer allows it

It is the traveling that gets you to your destination that is troubling. If you are a carrier and don't know it, why take it through several states to get where you want to go. You just passed it on to people that never had it. In two to three more months things will hopefully be better. We just got our first case in our county yesterday. No known answer how that person picked it up. In the middle of fly over country so maybe that shelter in place is working in podunk Illinois.

China just lifted its 11 week stay at home order-- in 2 to 3 weeks we will see if that's a smart idea or not--- hopefully we can learn from others mistakes and not make worse ones.

CO announced that right now, all state parks are open BUT all state campgrounds, playgrounds, picnic areas, dispersed camping, and all camping facilities at state parks and state wildlife areas are closed until further notice --refunds are available

Yuma county delayed its Turkey opening until May 2nd ( delayed 3 weeks)

I expect to see more of this everywhere--people didnt think it would affect hunting, but if you cant camp or travel then its going to start affecting it for sure. I expect boating to be restricted on reservoirs too, just hasnt happened yet.

Another issue with other states is they are issuing "stay inside/quarantine" orders for anyone traveling into their areas-- SO that means technically if you are traveling to one of those states, you have to go on your hunt 2 weeks early and stay inside before your hunt date --I can see these states doing a temporary ban on out of state hunters as most wont comply with the rules, some already have

As far as I know, right now you can still camp on federal land/national forest land/BLM land --it is just state land that no longer allows it

cohunt, please state your source as I don't see this yet at CP&W's site. Thanks and regards

Every day is Saturday!

Yes it is! I knew I was in trouble when, a while back, I told a friend to have a good weekend. It was a Monday.

I thought I'd give a quick CO camping report, somewhat related to the OP. Last week we went to Willow Creek Res in the Arapahoe National Rec Area and the place was full by Monday night. The point is, with hunting starting in about a month, many established camping areas and dispersed camping the NF will certainly see more visitors this Fall, with many out of work or school, so I'd suggest planning with this in mind. cheers all

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.