CO Alarm EOL 2AM $&@&$?&!

Muddyboots

So why do these have EOL that ALWAYS seems to be 2AM to scare the Bejesus out of you? Try to go back to sleep after trying to decide if alarm is real or crashing? They have 7 year lifespan so it is due. Just haven't looked at date in years. So off to hardware store in morn ... oh wait they are not open at 2AM! Its a combo CO, CO2, explosive gas monitor so hope they have one. Hard to find one with this combo.

Dang acronym I used. It had a End of Life (EOL) so it decided to die last night at 2AM and show an END digital error message. I even wrote on the top of it that it expires 12/31/19 so it lasted a few more months. They have a 7 year lifespan from the time it is put into service. So would be nice if it would die during the day so it doesn't rock you out of sleep. Just came back from Menards with new one so have another 7 years to get sleep!😂. Hopefully I am still around to see it go off again!!:eek:

And yes, if it was in bedroom there would be a lot of false positive alarms! Especially after eating venison! Seems game tends to have that affect on my off gassing...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.